Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

OTA TV Antenna Deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 9:50 pm
Oct 21, 2011
101 posts
4 upvotes

OTA TV Antenna Deals?

Here's one you don't see often. I'm looking for a good OTA tv antenna i.e Channel Master 4228 at a good price. I missed the sale The Source had a month ago and have been waiting for a price drop ever since.

Does anyone know where I can get one at a good price (sub 100$)?
11 replies
Jan 3, 2004
105 posts
12 upvotes
http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/fact ... ge=3#flyer

For outdoor, Factory Direct has Digiwave DW2044 for $18., but shipping to BC is $20.64, so it's not worth it, but if you can go to a store then it's good. FD also has a high gain, directional one, on clearance for $35. seems like a good deal but I am not sure how long lasting they are compared to other brands. Best to check digitalhome forums on OTA.
Oct 21, 2011
101 posts
4 upvotes
The kind folks at Digital Homes recommended a CM 4228 specifically because I need an outdoor antenna that can catch signals 50km away from me without a problem.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
YLSF wrote: Is that a Terk "style" antenna or an actual Terk? My Terk is silver/grey in colour.
The pic at http://www.princessauto.com/pal/product ... or-Antenna looks exactly the same as the Terk antenna I got from The Source (for $50) a while back. If you click the "View Larger Image" link on the site, you can see the Terk logo on the side of the antenna.

Sale price is now valid on the website, BTW. Shipping is under $10, if you don't have a store near by.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
ah, thanks. Was going via the flyer before and it was hard to tell.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4574 posts
2460 upvotes
Picked up the above-mentioned refurb Terk from PA and works just fine for me in Ottawa (closer to downton on the main floor of my house).
Picked up CTV1 and 2, CBC (english and French), City, CHCH (Sun), OMNI2, TVOntario and some of the French networks. Have to tweak the position a bit for CHRO or else it gets all pixelated and drops out (not a big deal to me). No US networks (no PBS) though. Worth the $19.99 - thinking seriously of giving the boot to Rogers cable now that they don't want to give me any deals after 6 years (their best 2-yr contract offer was for $25 more than I'm paying now for cable and internet), so I might up the internet service and get a roku/media box in combination with a VPN service and get the US networks that way and Cdn channels with this.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
so how is the terk so far? i returned the one at the source(terk tv55) and thinking about this one but the price is back up to 29.99
Deal Fanatic
Mar 29, 2002
5680 posts
3098 upvotes
Vancouver
thanks the db4e looks pretty good. Hookbag and tigerdirect has it for similiar prices but hookbag kinda of concerns me with the comments made about it upon researching threads here
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12181 posts
5650 upvotes
Ottawa
mangoman wrote: Picked up the above-mentioned refurb Terk from PA and works just fine for me in Ottawa (closer to downton on the main floor of my house).
Picked up CTV1 and 2, CBC (english and French), City, CHCH (Sun), OMNI2, TVOntario and some of the French networks. Have to tweak the position a bit for CHRO or else it gets all pixelated and drops out (not a big deal to me). No US networks (no PBS) though. Worth the $19.99 - thinking seriously of giving the boot to Rogers cable now that they don't want to give me any deals after 6 years (their best 2-yr contract offer was for $25 more than I'm paying now for cable and internet), so I might up the internet service and get a roku/media box in combination with a VPN service and get the US networks that way and Cdn channels with this.
Are you going to stick with the indoor antenna for the next little while or are you going to upgrade to the next level e.g. db4e?

I am also with Rogers for now in Ottawa (basic cable) only and I am thinking of going the OTA route. I will give it a whirl with this indoor antenna first and see how that goes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)