[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2004
2709 posts
929 upvotes
Interesting read.
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-ne ... -expansion

What pops from the article for me is the following:
A project called Tewin is included as an option for a new community. It’s a land-development partnership between the Algonquins of Ontario and Taggart Investments looking to transform a swath of land southwest of Highway 417 and Boundary Road.
Looks like the "next" community will be at Carlsbad Spring near the Amazon warehouse if this get approved. Which sort of make sense as it is 20 minutes away from Ottawa and it is an underutilized section of the 417 that rarely has any congestion.
The Gold Belt would effectively create “ultimate boundaries” for Barrhaven, Riverside South, Stittsville and Orléans, limiting new urban expansion between the Greenbelt and the Gold Belt.

“The intent of the inner boundary of the Gold Belt in the new official plan would be to contain, until the end of the century, all future urban expansions and any new communities,” the report said.
And if they do draw this gold belt, it will ultimately determine where the urban sprawl would end.
Apr 10, 2012
69 posts
21 upvotes
NEPEAN
Wonder what would happen if we have the gold belt? Does that mean city similar to Mississauga, Brampton, etc. will pop up overtime?
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
10206 posts
3290 upvotes
Ottawa
welcomelm wrote: Precon TH in Smith Falls is only 369k, if you are cash flow concerned, it might be a good choice. I remember their phase one price is around 332k. But when I got to it, phase one was already sold out. So obviously, it appreciates really nice.

https://parkviewhomes.info/townhomes-fo ... celist.pdf
A Parkview pre-con in Smith Falls popped up on Kijiji yesterday. $2K/month for rent with partial utilities covered so on par with Carleton Place and Ottawa towns, to a certain extent.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-apartments-cond ... 1546331804
[removed]
May 6, 2012
357 posts
211 upvotes
KANATA
canabiz wrote: A Parkview pre-con in Smith Falls popped up on Kijiji yesterday. $2K/month for rent with partial utilities covered so on par with Carleton Place and Ottawa towns, to a certain extent.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-apartments-cond ... 1546331804
This sort of makes sensor. In states, even 100k house can fetch about 1200 per month. On the other hand, those cheap houses in small town that are far away from any where normally appreciate much slower.

I took a look at a few duplexes in Smith Fall in 2015. Now it seems they are still pretty much in the same price range as 2015 while Ottawa is almost doubled.
Nov 1, 2020
223 posts
110 upvotes
hey guys, can some one help my situation regarding to my mortgage application? My mortgage broker's answer is not quite solid as he kept saying the closing date is far...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My base salary is 100k and 10% bonus.

year 2019, I earned 100k+10k bonus (based on 2018 performance)
Last year 2020, I took parental leave got benefit 60k + 10k bonus (based on 2019 performance)
This year 2021, I go back to work this year partially, say expecting salary 90k + 0k bonus (as no performance last year)

I have pre con to close at the end of this year (I will have formal job letter indicates my 100k salary by then). Will my situation be messed up due to the parental leave thing?
will i get my mortage based on my income of 100k+10k? or 100k? or 60k+10k?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIA
Feb 10, 2020
25 posts
15 upvotes
MikeMOON2 wrote: hey guys, can some one help my situation regarding to my mortgage application? My mortgage broker's answer is not quite solid as he kept saying the closing date is far...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My base salary is 100k and 10% bonus.

year 2019, I earned 100k+10k bonus (based on 2018 performance)
Last year 2020, I took parental leave got benefit 60k + 10k bonus (based on 2019 performance)
This year 2021, I go back to work this year partially, say expecting salary 90k + 0k bonus (as no performance last year)

I have pre con to close at the end of this year (I will have formal job letter indicates my 100k salary by then). Will my situation be messed up due to the parental leave thing?
will i get my mortage based on my income of 100k+10k? or 100k? or 60k+10k?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TIA
Usually in this circumstance they would/should ask for previous years T4 slip to verify your income
Nov 1, 2020
223 posts
110 upvotes
splatqa wrote: Usually in this circumstance they would/should ask for previous years T4 slip to verify your income
Ask for my t4 for 2017-2019 to verify i can be qualify by 100k+10k? Apparently my t4 in 2020 and 2021 will not look good: (
Sep 19, 2020
14 posts
3 upvotes
Hi,
Is there any advantage of buying a rental property along with spouse (adding spouse name to the agreement) when spouse has no income. Wondering if it has any benefits in reducing capital gain taxes in future when selling. I know its more an accountant question, but wanted to know if any one has an insight on this.
Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 2 guests)

Tadalafil, WGretzky, desi_mtl_dude, bdajqx, hXcellent, welcomelm, AddictRC, rivet