Shopping Discussion

Ottawa Tanger Outlet (open 2014 near Canadian Tire Centre)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 31st, 2014 9:53 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
11113 posts
4285 upvotes
Ottawa
I will see the prices first before passing judgment. The flip side is this will provide jobs to another 1,000 fellow Ottawans so things can't be all that bad ;)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
11113 posts
4285 upvotes
Ottawa
J. Crew will have an outlet here as well as its first store in Ottawa at the Rideau Centre. I have not been to the Rideau Centre for about 4 months and will have to check it out soon as I heard it's quite nice now after the renos (esp. the food court).
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
11113 posts
4285 upvotes
Ottawa
So anyone braved the traffic and parking hassle to check out the outlet today? I wonder how was the price?

We are doing Destiny USA for Black Friday (our 1st) this year so I don't think I will be buying anything here but will check it out when the traffic and hype die down a bit :)
Apr 23, 2008
393 posts
55 upvotes
Kanata
I heard the prices are not as expected. Calling it an outlet doesn't give it outlet prices, especially if the brand does not have another "real" store in town, so that's the only option of local customers. Again, only from what I've heard, it's basically only a new outdoor mall in the suburbs. It might be only because there are no products to be put on clearance yet, since they just opened and they most likely have current items. We'll have to see if the stuff they do end up putting on clearance have real clearance prices in a few months.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
11113 posts
4285 upvotes
Ottawa
I spent a couple of hours here earlier tonight (my 2nd time here) and the place was not busy at all, probably because of Halloween and the weather is getting colder too. I did not buy anything but my wife picked up a scarf at Coach for half price and bought a few pair of socks at J. Crew.

According to her, the prices aren't too bad and we have been to outlets all over the Northeastern US. I may pick up some dress shirts/pants at J. Crew or Banana Republic next time but I am not that motivated to come here, to be quite honest...a few stores are yet to be opened so I'll be curious to check them out when they are ready but that's pretty much it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)