Toronto

Oura Ring $50 discount code

Price:
-$50
Expiry:
February 7, 2021
Retailer:
Oura
Got an email from Oura for $50 off for family and friends.
Pretty happy with mine. I find this is the first company that actually provides useful insight. E.g telling me my recovery index is low and might not want to workout as hard today. Or that my heart rate is taking too long toreach it’s resting state while sleeping so don’t eat before bed or your exercise was too late.
The rings were used by the NBA for monitoring players in the bubble. You can watch your temperature variation and if it spikes you might be sick in 3 days. Note it only tracks at night due to the hr sensor. You can take a “moment” to get data during the day. You need to do it for a certain amount of time to get full stats. I use it to monitor my meditation and 20 minutes shows hrv, temp and heart rate.

It’s still pretty expensive.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Feb 7th, 2021 10:14 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: links removed
10 replies
Nov 24, 2019
45 posts
46 upvotes
Pretty cool for the future! Am not really a big fan of wearing a watch so this would be a better option. Wouldn't get one just yet but could see myself buying one in a 2-3 years when this tech gets more mainstream and we see even more features packed into it!
Dec 5, 2012
166 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
I got mine for christmas and I love it.
Jun 15, 2019
320 posts
277 upvotes
Isn’t the general feedback on this crap and accuracy bad? Quick search of reddit says it isn’t good?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2010
1818 posts
562 upvotes
Toronto
Strandednomad wrote: Isn’t the general feedback on this crap and accuracy bad? Quick search of reddit says it isn’t good?
Haven’t read Reddit but it was used for COVID-19 studies and the NBA and some other league I can’t remember had all their players use it.
Mar 27, 2012
774 posts
188 upvotes
Gotham
I have one of these and just wanted to give a heads up. The ring is very cool in terms of helping you track certain things and viewing trends about yourself.

eg: I can tell when I should hold off on going too hard based on the readiness score etc. But on downside I can see that sometimes I use it as an excuse to etc.

But the one thing that sucks is after 1-2 years the battery life goes from 4 days to like 12 hours. I think some users only use this for sleep which might extend battery life.

If you wear it daily it ends up using battery through out the day to measure your physical activity? There's no continuous monitoring or any sorts.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2179 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
Link doesn't look like it works or is meant to be shared. Don't think it's affiliate but definitely targeted.

Discount isn't openly available on website.

EDIT: Adding my experience with it, if you're looking for a 'daily' tracker and not a 'fitness' tracker, this is the best I've tested compared to Whoop & Apple Watch. I'm not a huge fan of watches, so wearing a ring is my ideal situation. Plus, hands down the best sleep tracker, just considering the form factor, way easier and more comfortable to wear a ring instead of a whole watch to bed.

I don't recommend using this to track workouts, nor is it really designed to do so. The physical limitations of having a chunky ring on your finger is pretty obvious as well, plus you want to avoid scratching it on bars.

In terms of batteries, agreed with the comment above, that's probably it's biggest downfall. The downside to watersealing everything into such a tiny package is you lose any level of repairability and replacement, so do expect 1-1.5 years max of optimal usage.
Mar 28, 2010
237 posts
435 upvotes
vancouver
dannyphones wrote: Guess it was one time use coupon.
It is a one time use. I got the email too. Click on the link and the top of page says "$50 discount off any ring has been applied to cart. One-time use only."
Nov 7, 2007
738 posts
469 upvotes
If anyone has a code they are not going to use would you send me a PM. Appreciate it.