None
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 2, 2007
899 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto

Outdoor activities : camping

Does anyone like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, canoeing? I love to get out of the city to provincial Park.
14 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4321 upvotes
I like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, canoeing I love to get out of the city to provincial Park.
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2009
2579 posts
191 upvotes
Toronto
I also like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, canoeing. I love to get out of the city to provincial Park.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
46292 posts
9308 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: I like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, canoeing I love to get out of the city to provincial Park.
Me 3!

I have a secret spot near parry sound. I just go there to blast shot gun rounds @ the hill. Only accessible by boat. I guess by foot if you want to navigate the treacherous terrain... But theres no easy way in. I picked this spot because I like to shoot guns. Has to be isolated, safe, and with a good backdrop.

Crown property... so do as you please. BUt please be respectful. Pickup your shells!

Its been about 2 years since I've done that... But thats b/c I met my gf 2 years ago. Gotta warm her up to that kinda outdoorsy stuff. :lol:
She doesn't like to be inthe woods alone... Even with me. She says because of bears. I said okay... I'll bring the 12 gauge shotty. I'll teach you how to use it.
Then she said its really b/c its creepy out there with only 2 ppl... But none of my other friends want to drive 4hours up north to hang out in the bush.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5043 posts
1428 upvotes
Abbottabad
I also like outdoor activities like camping, hiking and canoeing. I also love to get out of the city to a provincial park.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2013
3007 posts
1031 upvotes
Tuktoyaktuk
picard12 wrote: Does anyone like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, canoeing? I love to get out of the city to provincial Park.
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: I like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, canoeing I love to get out of the city to provincial Park.
Mugen123 wrote: I also like outdoor activities like camping, hiking, canoeing. I love to get out of the city to provincial Park.
iamskyhigh wrote: I also like outdoor activities like camping, hiking and canoeing. I also love to get out of the city to a provincial park.
All your tents are belong to us!! You are on your way to RV destruction!! You have no chance to survive make your time!!
Deal Expert
Nov 15, 2004
19698 posts
3762 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: Me 3!

I have a secret spot near parry sound. I just go there to blast shot gun rounds @ the hill. Only accessible by boat. I guess by foot if you want to navigate the treacherous terrain... But theres no easy way in. I picked this spot because I like to shoot guns. Has to be isolated, safe, and with a good backdrop.

Crown property... so do as you please. BUt please be respectful. Pickup your shells!

Its been about 2 years since I've done that... But thats b/c I met my gf 2 years ago. Gotta warm her up to that kinda outdoorsy stuff. :lol:
She doesn't like to be inthe woods alone... Even with me. She says because of bears. I said okay... I'll bring the 12 gauge shotty. I'll teach you how to use it.
Then she said its really b/c its creepy out there with only 2 ppl... But none of my other friends want to drive 4hours up north to hang out in the bush.
I had a spot near Parry Sound on a little island as well. I haven't gone in like 8 years though. It's pretty nice getting out there with nobody around.

I've finally convinced my lived-in-a-city-all-her-life girlfriend to go camping with me this year. One night in Sandbanks. Nowhere close to what I used to do, but it's better than nothing. Hopefully she likes it and we can do more in the future.
Banned
Jun 9, 2016
8 posts
A few years back several long time friends and I flew to Vancouver British Columbia to canoe the Bowron Lakes Provincial Park. The trip requires canoing for ~seven days including portaging canoes between lakes. It was an amazing experience, with sightings of moose, black bear and bald eagle. Best of all it was a workout every day paddling 8-10 hours, breaking camp and setting camp at a new location every night. We would bbq, play cribbage, laugh and nip the whiskey bottle then do it all over again the next day after a jump in the lake for a morning shower. Best of all with no connectivity I had no idea what day or time it was. Talk about a trip – living off the grid was quite enlightening!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
46292 posts
9308 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
topazann wrote: A few years back several long time friends and I flew to Vancouver British Columbia to canoe the Bowron Lakes Provincial Park. The trip requires canoing for ~seven days including portaging canoes between lakes. It was an amazing experience, with sightings of moose, black bear and bald eagle. Best of all it was a workout every day paddling 8-10 hours, breaking camp and setting camp at a new location every night. We would bbq, play cribbage, laugh and nip the whiskey bottle then do it all over again the next day after a jump in the lake for a morning shower. Best of all with no connectivity I had no idea what day or time it was. Talk about a trip – living off the grid was quite enlightening!
That's the best part... Its a weird thing being connected to nature.
The best is if you can get some small game or fish to supplement your rations. I go for the rabbits.... Easy picking for the 10/22 ruger. Its also light on the pack.
campfire rabbit or stew!

REcipe

1 pack of dried vegetable soup mix
1 rabbit. Thats it buddy!
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
4132 posts
2007 upvotes
Mississauga
I also like outdoor activities like camping, hiking and canoeing. I, however, DO NOT love to get out of the city to a provincial park. Provincial park is that last thing where I want to go. Cars alarms going off, dog barking, kids screaming... nope. Not gonna happen.
This is what I do...... http://kayaker-photography.smugmug.com
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5043 posts
1428 upvotes
Abbottabad
cRaZyRaVr wrote: I also like outdoor activities like camping, hiking and canoeing. I, however, DO NOT love to get out of the city to a provincial park. Provincial park is that last thing where I want to go. Cars alarms going off, dog barking, kids screaming... nope. Not gonna happen.
This is what I do...... http://kayaker-photography.smugmug.com
Nice blog Tomek Cudzilo
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
3032 posts
889 upvotes
I go to the Provincial Park in Tobermory every year. Love it, highly recommended.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
12039 posts
2372 upvotes
Toronto
Now I am wondering, given how Millennials in general like luxury, like to be connected, way more options to search for cottage/vacation rentals, I'm wondering if camping has gone down among this group?

I'm just ahead of that group, where we largely grew up without internet until university (more of a novelty in grd 12/OAC) but yearned to actually go out and hangout with ppl. For many as well, it was a liberation from being stuck at home. Basically an excuse to congregate somewhere, away from home, get some adventure, drink. It was also an extension of the freedom we got growing up as kids in the 80s/90s

I'm guessing it's less of a thing today among the young? Especially since the virtual world has taken over that desire for adventure and helicopter parent generation that have restricted movement in the 'wild'. Even the perception of people looking down at it due to it being more 'dirty' as the notion of cleanliness is so rampant today.

In other words, it should be easier to book camping sites relative to before I'm wondering?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
5043 posts
1428 upvotes
Abbottabad
at1212b wrote: Now I am wondering, given how Millennials in general like luxury, like to be connected, way more options to search for cottage/vacation rentals, I'm wondering if camping has gone down among this group?

I'm just ahead of that group, where we largely grew up without internet until university (more of a novelty in grd 12/OAC) but yearned to actually go out and hangout with ppl. For many as well, it was a liberation from being stuck at home. Basically an excuse to congregate somewhere, away from home, get some adventure, drink. It was also an extension of the freedom we got growing up as kids in the 80s/90s

I'm guessing it's less of a thing today among the young? Especially since the virtual world has taken over that desire for adventure and helicopter parent generation that have restricted movement in the 'wild'. Even the perception of people looking down at it due to it being more 'dirty' as the notion of cleanliness is so rampant today.

In other words, it should be easier to book camping sites relative to before I'm wondering?
No..

Just get out of Toronto.

Things are different.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
14077 posts
9270 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
I like to breathe air.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!