Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2312 posts
483 upvotes

Outdoor Conversation Sets

We are looking for a nice one for our deck, whicker type I guess. Ideally a bench, table, couple of chairs but I see the prices are through the roof. Anybody know of anywhere that sells them reasonable priced? $700 or so seems the lowest right now which could be their value but was hopin....lol.
27 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
436 upvotes
BC
Look at Sears as well and Costco. I got some great advice here on RFD and returned a steel set I bought, and purchased aluminium. Couldn't be happier. I happened also to buy individual pieces and it came out cheaper than a set cost.
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2015
2573 posts
436 upvotes
BC
Ikea and Jysk also sell wicker sets I believe.
Go Raptors, Go!
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11868 posts
2292 upvotes
Toronto
Where these things always this expensive? Or are there just more of them now so it's more noticeable.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2014
1208 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto, ON
at1212b wrote: Where these things always this expensive? Or are there just more of them now so it's more noticeable.
I find they're more affordable now... and a lot more choices/styles than a few years ago.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1518 posts
842 upvotes
Toronto
Got mine from Costco - a loveseat, 2 chairs and a coffee table. $1349+ tax. It's no longer on the website so am assuming it's sold out
Jan 3, 2013
571 posts
209 upvotes
Winnipeg
Spending a few hundred for wicker is something you'll want to think about. Under the wicker is steel and it will rust.

We're really happy with our Sears aluminium set we bought.

My only issue now is winter storage. Haven't figured that out yet.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2014
1208 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto, ON
zeon64 wrote: Spending a few hundred for wicker is something you'll want to think about. Under the wicker is steel and it will rust.

We just cover our wicker furniture with a tarp and move the cushions indoors. Easy
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
16942 posts
1787 upvotes
Thornhill
We got ours from Costco - it's above the price range, but they have other models that may work for you.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Guru
Mar 31, 2008
11868 posts
2292 upvotes
Toronto
Do you guys have this instead of a dinner table style set? I'm trying to decide which one to get.. these things seem more comfortable. We don't really eat out in the deck but might if if we have a nicer more formal set. But with young kids, the conversation set might be better.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2312 posts
483 upvotes
at1212b wrote: Do you guys have this instead of a dinner table style set? I'm trying to decide which one to get.. these things seem more comfortable. We don't really eat out in the deck but might if if we have a nicer more formal set. But with young kids, the conversation set might be better.
our thoughts as well. HOme Depot has a nice set but around $880 ish I think
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1834 posts
1051 upvotes
Durham
Try ACE hardware in Caledon. Or Jysk. They have good pricing.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1401 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto
zeon64 wrote: Spending a few hundred for wicker is something you'll want to think about. Under the wicker is steel and it will rust.

Isn't one of the benefits of aluminum weather resistance? Or it's still necessary to keep it protected?
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
14771 posts
9190 upvotes
Toronto
redsfan wrote: We are looking for a nice one for our deck, whicker type I guess. Ideally a bench, table, couple of chairs but I see the prices are through the roof. Anybody know of anywhere that sells them reasonable priced? $700 or so seems the lowest right now which could be their value but was hopin....lol.
OP, I have this set, but red seat padding and my table has a removeable steel insert. Had it for about 3 years and it's holding up excellent. Left it out all last season too.

https://www.lowes.ca/outdoor-conversati ... 32389.html

If you can hold off for a little while, Lowes has their blow out starting at the end of July and into August. I got the entire floor model set 5 piece for $500.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯