• Jul 19th, 2020 8:53 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4635 upvotes
Montréal

outdoor furniture questions

Do you have a system to store them when it rains/snows/etc or do have furniture that isn't affected by weather damage/rusting/etc so just leave them out there? What's the best way and what types of furniture do you have?
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
6 replies
Jan 22, 2012
645 posts
258 upvotes
Bradford
I put my patio furniture away in the shed for the winter. I don’t keep the cushions outside. I’m sure they can be kept outside but I just find they’ll last longer.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4635 upvotes
Montréal
Topher86 wrote: I put my patio furniture away in the shed for the winter. I don’t keep the cushions outside. I’m sure they can be kept outside but I just find they’ll last longer.
So yours can withstand rain no prb? No rusting? Do you do a quick wipedown before sitting/using them, or just pluck back the cushions?
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Jan 22, 2012
645 posts
258 upvotes
Bradford
My patio set for eating at doesn’t have rust on it and it’s 4 years old. Not saying it won’t rust.

My other furniture is a plastic wicker.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11767 posts
6955 upvotes
Paris
Mine is wicker frames over aluminum. Cushions come in, furniture stays out all summer and is stored under deck winter
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22397 posts
21021 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
We have a great mix of stuff ...
(Big yard / big outdoor entertaining area ... seating for about 30 when you count Dining, Drinking, Lounging, Couches, Chairs etc )
Anywhere from brand new to 35 years old
We cull as need be & add to our collection every year

The reason it’s lasted so long is we take care of it

Everything is protected from the rain
By being in the gazebo or in the enclosed porch after we use it

We also have a deck box for cushions / accessories ... if rain is in the forecast

In the winter it’s all stored away ... in the enclosed porch
Or in the shed

Cushions winter in the basement ... so as to prevent mould & mildew

A nice backyard as a living space ... is a big investment
We take that seriously
(Just cost out replacement cushions )

Springtime ... we give everything a good scrub down
And any metals or woods that need a bit of paint, get it then
Rest of the season... the occasional dusting / damp cloth wipe down is all that is needed
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2002
7647 posts
892 upvotes
Toronto
For us the aluminum stuff stays outside during winter, wood and fabrics come indoors. We like glass top tables for eating because they are easy to clean well, amazing how dirty stuff gets even after a week outside.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)