Expired Hot Deals

Outdoor Research

Men's Furio Gore-tex Jacket $150 (70% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2021 10:36 am
[OP]
Sep 2, 2014
310 posts
513 upvotes
Vancouver

Men's Furio Gore-tex Jacket $150 (70% off)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
70% off
Retailer:
Outdoor Research
There are possibly other gems to be found in their sale page (up to 70% off), but I was specifically keeping an eye out for a replacement gore-tex shell for snowboarding this winter. This Furio looks to be pretty well review, and certainly a steal at 70% off. OR has one of the best warranties around, so I have zero hesitation in purchasing any of their products.

Looks like there is still a decent selection of colours and sizes available. I went for the Cascade/Twilight in Large

https://www.outdoorresearch.com/ca/mens ... ket-271411

Edit 1: As a personal warranty anecdote, I recently returned a shell I bought several years ago. There was an issue with the hood, and they offered either a credit to get it repaired, or a warranty return. I opted for the return, and they deposited a non-expiring credit to my account for the full MSRP of the item (despite buying it on sale initially). I've dealt with only a couple of other brands with warranty stuff, and they have all been much more combative/dismissive than OR.

Edit 2: If you have a friend with an account (or a second email) then you can get a signup code discount.

Edit 3: Free shipping over $49
Last edited by duncancj on Oct 26th, 2021 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thread Summary
Some additional info/clarification on the extra discount:

Sign up with an address (though I'd suggest one you don't actually want to use to order, but it doesn't really matter at the moment).
In the sign up process, you should be asked for the email of your "friend", this email will receive the discount code.

Generate the code yourself for double discount (half applicable to a future purchase)
1) Log into your primary account
2) My Account -> Refer a friend
3) Copy link
4) Open a new browsing session (incognito or whatever)
5) Use link to generate code
6) Sign up for 2nd account
7) Order using your 2nd account - You save $20. And you will also get $20 off for a future purchase in your primary account.

Check the sale page for more deals: https://www.outdoorresearch.com/ca/sale-ca
151 replies
Jun 2, 2020
4 posts
2 upvotes
I have been looking for one for snowboarding and hiking for a year now but wasnt willing to pay more than that for gortex.. thanks alot OP. i ordered before i check the reviews or return policy i couldnt find anything below 300$
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18459 posts
11195 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
For those who haven't used GoreTex or had bad experiences with it, the key to GoreTex is to keep it clean - really clean. If anything (ie dirt but also detergent) starts clogging the membrane, GoreTex loses the ability to breathe correctly. So, give the GoreTex a thorough washing and a rinsing to remove any of the detergents that may be left over from the wash. You may have to rinse the GoreTex a few times if you used a lot of detergents. Once done, pop it into the dryer on high heat to renew the water-repelling layer.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5043 posts
1781 upvotes
Kitchener
OR's infinite guarantee is great too.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Nov 25, 2015
105 posts
115 upvotes
Montr
I was able to create a second order using the code they gave me for my first order for an additional 20$ off

Let me know if you need help getting your 20$
Last edited by Lokoseena1 on Oct 27th, 2021 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Sep 2, 2014
310 posts
513 upvotes
Vancouver
Thundercloud wrote: OR's infinite guarantee is great too.
It definitely is. On the one item I've warrantied, they gave the full MSRP as credit (despite getting it on a deep discount).
Last edited by TomRFD on Oct 26th, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed second quote
Dec 2, 2019
62 posts
57 upvotes
Snagged a jacket in the colour I wanted and size, thanks OP. Also got the extra $20 off thanks Lokoseena1.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1735 posts
3086 upvotes
Vancouver
craftsman wrote: For those who haven't used GoreTex or had bad experiences with it, the key to GoreTex is to keep it clean - really clean. If anything (ie dirt but also detergent) starts clogging the membrane, GoreTex loses the ability to breathe correctly. So, give the GoreTex a thorough washing and a rinsing to remove any of the detergents that may be left over from the wash. You may have to rinse the GoreTex a few times if you used a lot of detergents. Once done, pop it into the dryer on high heat to renew the water-repelling layer.
Not often I see correct advice given out regarding goretex garments.

One additional point, beyond reactivating DWR is reapplying DWR. Once it gets to the point where reheating it does jack sh1t, you need to do the spray on DWR. In fact I don't even bother with heating anymore, just go straight to reapply.

Also, don't use the wash in DWR products they put DWR everywhere, including where it does NOT need to go, aka the inside of the jacket.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2005
5043 posts
1781 upvotes
Kitchener
A lot of the Activeice products are on sale. I enjoy using them in the summer.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Jul 4, 2005
902 posts
144 upvotes
Thanks OP. I didn't know I needed this when I woke up this morning but here we are. In for 1!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18459 posts
11195 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
danascully wrote: Not often I see correct advice given out regarding goretex garments.

One additional point, beyond reactivating DWR is reapplying DWR. Once it gets to the point where reheating it does jack sh1t, you need to do the spray on DWR. In fact I don't even bother with heating anymore, just go straight to reapply.

Also, don't use the wash in DWR products they put DWR everywhere, including where it does NOT need to go, aka the inside of the jacket.
I agree with the reapplication of the DWR; however, in this case, since the jacket is new, the jacket shouldn't need a reapplication of DWR just yet as the factory stuff should last for a while.

But while we are on the subject of DWR, I've found that not all DWR is the same. I like the stuff from Gear-Aid Revivex - don't get the instant stuff but the durable one. If I remember right, before the rebranding, GoreTex used to only recommend the Revivex product for their DWR coating. As a bonus, Revivex also works on regular shells!
Jan 2, 2010
490 posts
171 upvotes
Solid hot deal. Great start to the wallet burning season. Thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2632 posts
397 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;