Fashion & Beauty

Outerwear Jacket Reviews (CG, CMFR, MK, Nobis, etc)

Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1905 posts
148 upvotes

Outerwear Jacket Reviews (CG, CMFR, MK, Nobis, etc)

Arc'teryx

Fission SL
Fission SL (W10/11) Review 1

Khuno Parka
Khuno Parka Review 1

Arctic Bay

Charlotte Parka
Charlotte Parka (12/13) Pics

Laval Parka
Laval Parka (12/13) Pics

Nunavut Parka
Nunavut Parka (12/13) Pics

Toronto Parka
Toronto Parka (12/13) Pics

Canada Goose

Banff Parka
Banff parka (W10/11) Review 1

Calgary Jacket
Calgary jacket (W11/12) Review 1
Calgary jacket (W12/13) review

Chateau Parka
Chateau parka (W10/11) vs Nobis Yatesy (W11/12)
Chateau (W11/12) vs CMFR Gormley (W11/12) vs Nobis Yatesy (W11/12)
Chateau (12/13) Review

Chiliwack Bomber
Chiliwack bomber (W10/11) testing the water repellent shell

Citadel Parka
Citadel Parka (W11/12) Review 1

Constable Parka
Constable Parka (W10/11) Review 1

Earnest Sewn Chilliwack Bomber
Earnest Sewn Chilliwack Bomber Review 1

Earnest Sewn Expedition
Earnest Sewn Expedition Review 1

Langford Parka
Langford Parka Review
Langford Parka (W12/13) Review

Manitoba Jacket
Manitoba Jacket (W11/12) Review 1
Manitoba Jacket (W11/12) Review 2
Manitoba Jacket (W11/12) Pics

Voyageur
Voyageur Review

Yukon Bomber
Yukon Bomber (W10/11) Review 1

CMFR (Cold Manufactured)

Men's
Gormley Parka
Gormley (W11/12) Review 1
Gormley (W11/12) vs Nobis Yatesy (W11/12) vs CG Chateau (W11/12)
Gormley (W12/13) Review
Gormley (W12/13) Review
Gormley (W12/13) Impressions

Impact Oxton Bomber
Impact Oxton (W12/13) Review
Impact Oxton (W12/13) Review Fit pic More fit pics
Impact Oxton (W12/13) Review

Oxton Bomber
Oxton Bomber (W10/11) Review 1
Oxton Bomber (W10/11) Review 2
Oxton 13/14 Review

Oxton Exclusive Bomber
Oxton Exclusive Bomber (W12/13) Review
Oxton Exclusive Bomber (W12/13) Review
Impact Oxton (W12/13) fit pics
Impact Oxton (W12/13) Impressions Pics

Women's
Avenue Parka
Avenue Parka Pics

Impact Avenue Parka
Impact Avenue parka (W12/13) Review

Eddie Bauer

WeatherEdge Superior Down Parka
WeatherEdge Superior Down Parka (W11/12) Review 1

Mackage

Men's
Louie
Louie (W12/13) Review

Women's
Aurelia
Aurelia (W10/11) Review 1

Chloe
Chloe (W09/10) Review 1

Stacy
Stacy (W11/12) Review 1

Moose Knuckles

Ballistic Bomber
Ballistic Bomber (W11/12) Review 1
Ballistic Bomber (W11/12) Review 2
Ballistic Bomber (W10/11) Review 1
Ballistic Bomber (W10/11) Review 2
Ballistic Bomber (W10/11) Review 3 / Pics

Stirling Parka
Stirling Parka (W11/12) Review 1

Nigel Cabourn

Cameraman
Cameraman (FW11/12) Review 1
1453 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1905 posts
148 upvotes
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
This is absolutely fantastic and will serve as a handy hub/compilation for launching into the specific individual reviews that are peppered throughout the various topics already established for each particular brand.

I have edited my linked Canada Goose Manitoba review to include more photos, more discussion, and scrutiny on the negatives of the jacket, which I did not do originally. I highly suggest for those who are already linked in the original post above to revisit their reviews and ensure that they are as unbiased and objective as possible; that is, to discuss as many pros and cons as you intelligently can, and to justify them. Simply gushing about a product or bashing it is only half useful. Obviously for those posting new reviews, this advice also applies.

Thank you to everyone who posted a review, or will post a review in the future, and especially to BananaWeed and mapleleaf27 for taking the initiative to start and compile everything together on this! It's ambitious and BananaWeed obviously went through the established threads searching just for the diamonds in the rough, the user-submitted reviews.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
Nice thread, Anyways I went to PMALL today. There was a store called "Pacific Down" I saw OSC jackets there.. The fur looked kind of off - Is that store legit?

I saw a sign regarding 40-50% off but the rest were In another language other then English.. I was tempted to ask what was discounted but I wasn't sure If the jackets were authentic or not..

This Is kind of the wrong thread too but oh well..
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
Helpful for potential buyers. My osc review is for the Siku style not the Karima :)
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1905 posts
148 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Nice thread, Anyways I went to PMALL today. There was a store called "Pacific Down" I saw OSC jackets there.. The fur looked kind of off - Is that store legit?

I saw a sign regarding 40-50% off but the rest were In another language other then English.. I was tempted to ask what was discounted but I wasn't sure If the jackets were authentic or not..

This Is kind of the wrong thread too but oh well..

I'm pretty sure Pacific Down at Pmall is an official dealer. That's where people were getting the OSC jackets at 50% off two seasons ago. If they're having a 50% off sale again, I'd say that's pretty hot. I think OSC jackets fit bigger though. AFAIK, no one posted fit pics when they got theirs. Hopefully someone does this year. :)
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
mapleleaf27 wrote: I remember reading about the 50% off OSC when I was doing some research on that brand at this forum. Wow, please someone go down there and check it out. The Atka and Kanti both look like awesome parkas. They most likely fit similar to the regular fit CG coats like my Ontario.

Yeah someone go check, I'm too lazy and don't want to be disappointed going there to find out It's on their non good jackets they were also selling..

The fur on the OSC jacket's there didn't really too amusing..
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1905 posts
148 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Yeah someone go check, I'm too lazy and don't want to be disappointed going there to find out It's on their non good jackets they were also selling..

The fur on the OSC jacket's there didn't really too amusing..

Well, their website lists it as Canadian coyote fur. How would you describe it? What was unappealing about it?
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
Would you like a photo comparison of the CG Kensington fur vs OSC Siku fur? Can maybe take photos of fit of OSC but looks like people are more interested in fit of men's OSC. My Fiance has the Atka and CG Chilliwack though not sure if he'd want to model (the Atka).
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2092 posts
449 upvotes
Sure I can do it probably tomorrow evening. No time tonight unfortunately.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2009
1895 posts
540 upvotes
London
I updated my OSC Desna Bomber review
check it out
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2006
1905 posts
148 upvotes
mapleleaf27 wrote: BananaWeed, if people want to contribute a review, do they just post it on this thread and you'll add it to your original post as a link?

Yeah, it'd be great if people posted or reposted all reviews in this thread so we have them all in one thread. I can also link to reviews in other threads, but it'd be easier if all reviews were consolidated into a single thread.
girlstar wrote:Would you like a photo comparison of the CG Kensington fur vs OSC Siku fur? Can maybe take photos of fit of OSC but looks like people are more interested in fit of men's OSC. My Fiance has the Atka and CG Chilliwack though not sure if he'd want to model (the Atka).
Any and all pics and reviews are welcome. I'd love to see how OSC compares to other brands.
ThaChingster wrote:updated my OSC Desna Bomber review
check it out
Thanked.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1621 posts
251 upvotes
Newmarket
maybe i'll do a review on nobis meredith
.........maybe
Mar 28, 2007
335 posts
4 upvotes
Scarborough
Hmm i noticed you tagged my post as a review for the arcteryx SL fission, so I decided to do an update review of it since I had it for longer period of time. Still love it though =). hope it helps other ppl.

I can post some pics if you guys like of the fit....
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2009
3014 posts
1020 upvotes
Toronto
I guess ill contribute and post a brief review on the Canada Goose Yukon Bomber. When I first bought one last season, I couldn't find any reviews on the jacket so hopefully mine will be the first!

So the Canada Goose Yukon Bomber I got was last years 2010/11 model. Pretty sure the 2011/12 models are identical and only difference is the new hologram sticker. I'm 6'3 and 175lbs and I have a weird build. Slim around the torso with extra long arms. Usually wear a large or medium. When I first tried on this jacket, I tried a large and it felt a bit too big on me so I went with the medium in black. Even with the medium I am still able to move my torso around if I just wear a t-shirt but with a hoodie or thick sweater, it fits perfectly. Now the cg website says the yukon is a slim fitted jacket and in my opinion, the chilliwack at the same size felt more slim than the yukon.

Pros:
-extremely light and mobile. Can move limbs without any sort of restrictions.
-very comfortable jacket
-stealthier look compared to the chilliwack. I love the black disc and how its placed on the left arm as opposed to the right arm on most jackets.
-removeable fur hood
-fleece lining in pockets
-ive noticed that the fur on yukon bombers are consistently larger and wider than other cg models.
-very breathable and decently warm
-material is very easy to clean and is pretty much stain resistant.

Cons:
-its a very loud jacket due to its ribstop nylon fabric.
-the hoodie is very flimsy and can easily be blown into another position from the wind. Isn't as stiff and easily "molded" as the chilliwack's hoodie.
-waist line easily rides up and stays in place if you bend over.
-like the manitoba jacket, the neck/chin guard flap can easily get caught in the zipper.
-Fur itself isn't removable
-priced way to close to a citadel/expedition/chateau which imo are a lot warmer

In conclusion, the yukon bomber is a fairly decent jacket and is a good alternative to a chilliwack. Had a bunch of compliments and questions of which model my jacket was. Its warm and mobile enough to freely perform outdoor winter activities such as skating or snow boarding. The cons I listed really aren't that big of a deal aside from the price. Currently costs $625 which is about $75 less than a citadel/expedition. Compared to the chilliwack I would say its not as warm but its more comfortable, and way more mobile than the chilliwack.