Shopping Discussion

Outlet taking over malls after reopening?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 12:18 am
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
3605 posts
2860 upvotes
Maybe some malls ...I was in CF centre Calgary and it was a ghost town on weekend

Meanwhile Eaton centre and Yorkdale and Vmills busy as ever when I went

Vaughan mills had security to control how many could enter a couple of weekends ago when I went
Jun 3, 2010
949 posts
385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mrweather wrote: Nah, malls and stores are the least of our worries. Weddings/big gatherings are the hotspots.
True....but then those people that went to weddings and the big gatherings go out to the mall....so in the end, isn't it just an extension of it all?
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14511 posts
11718 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
smartie wrote: Now I know why new cases are surging
mrweather wrote: Nah, malls and stores are the least of our worries. Weddings/big gatherings are the hotspots.
toram23901 wrote: True....but then those people that went to weddings and the big gatherings go out to the mall....so in the end, isn't it just an extension of it all?
Must be a GTA thing

By all accounts the social spread in Quebec & Eastern Ontario is mostly cuz of social gatherings ... no matter the size ... where there’s people not in the same social circle / bubble (> 10) and Bars

I hear Quebec is again debating closing bars. But there’s a lot of pressure from the Bar Owners and younger demographics to keep them open

It’s not like Restaurants ... where these biz can sell food, or do takeout ... drinks & entertainment is their whole biz.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5601 posts
2790 upvotes
Mississauga
toram23901 wrote: True....but then those people that went to weddings and the big gatherings go out to the mall....so in the end, isn't it just an extension of it all?
But one doesn’t generally hug and kiss and share food with their fellow mall patrons for hours on end.
Jun 3, 2010
949 posts
385 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mrweather wrote: But one doesn’t generally hug and kiss and share food with their fellow mall patrons for hours on end.
Yeah....random kissing and hugging at the mall is shunned upon even in the best of times. Face With Tears Of Joy On the positive side, doing so would probably get you free room and board for a little while...
[OP]
Jun 4, 2013
434 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
Nordstrom Rack open and there seem to be a huge line up just to get in.
[OP]
Jun 4, 2013
434 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
Kiraly wrote: It’s true! Buy your return ticket when you start your trip. Use your compass card or another ticket to get there, and use the one you bought to get back. No $5 ripoff charge.
I would arrive by skytrain when leaving got a Ulber or Lyft to get the Richmond for some food after shopping. With 50% off with Lyft usually end up paying less than $8 to get Richmond. Far cheaper than paying $10 wife and I to use the skytrain.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13088 posts
2181 upvotes
City of Vancouver
sponge5307 wrote: Nordstrom Rack open and there seem to be a huge line up just to get in.
Did u go inside Nordstrom Rack? If yes, how was the merchandise?
De gustibus non est disputandum
Reverse dysfunction one step at a time.
[OP]
Jun 4, 2013
434 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
Becks wrote: Did u go inside Nordstrom Rack? If yes, how was the merchandise?
I didn't go but it was on the news when it was first open and you could see huge line up some people not wearing mask there are little social distancing.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3089 posts
588 upvotes
Vancouver
I checked out Nordstrom Rack in their pre-opening private shopping party and I was impressed! They had a good selection of designer, contemporary, junior clothing and same for shoes. They already had things on clearance at the time too. Pricing is decent for what the items are.
[OP]
Jun 4, 2013
434 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
Went back last weekend coz we got a coupon to use from last time we purchase something at the outlet and it expire last week. Even more people lining up as there was a few brand name store that just opened. Pretty crazy actually. Most people are wearing mask and the store does limit the number of people inside. Some high end stores does allow you to try clothes on. Afterwards if you don't want it they actually set aside the clothing to be sanitizer which is gone. Shoe store does allow you to try on the shoes but I don't think they require you to wear socks before trying. Many clothing stores still have their fitting room closed. Went to Under Armor and saw a jacket I like so I was just trying it on and got told by the sales I can't even do that. I was a bit surprise since I have a long selevee on. Kinda of ask him so you won't allow me to try on the jackets with my shirt on but you allow people trying on shoes with their socks on or some even not wearing socks. Couldn't answer my questions but whatever.
Overall I feel safer at the outlet since is more open space, pretty much everyone is wearing a mask and people tend to move in a ordeal fashion vs at the mall where some stores doesn't set a limit or people not wearing mask and is coughing all over the place.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3089 posts
588 upvotes
Vancouver
sponge5307 wrote: Went to Under Armor and saw a jacket I like so I was just trying it on and got told by the sales I can't even do that. I was a bit surprise since I have a long selevee on. Kinda of ask him so you won't allow me to try on the jackets with my shirt on but you allow people trying on shoes with their socks on or some even not wearing socks. Couldn't answer my questions but whatever.
Same deal at Adidas. They said i could buy the item, step outside their store, try the item on, and then return if I didn't like it. WTH? So they prefer to make work for everyone rather than let me try the jacket on for like 10 seconds in store in front of a mirror.