Shopping Discussion

Outlet taking over malls after reopening?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 3rd, 2020 12:18 am
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19733 posts
28611 upvotes
Vancouver
Becks wrote: Is this for real? The gates still open without the $5 add-on?
It’s true! Buy your return ticket when you start your trip. Use your compass card or another ticket to get there, and use the one you bought to get back. No $5 ripoff charge.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2013
1982 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
Kiraly wrote: It’s true! Buy your return ticket when you start your trip. Use your compass card or another ticket to get there, and use the one you bought to get back. No $5 ripoff charge.
I would arrive by skytrain when leaving got a Ulber or Lyft to get the Richmond for some food after shopping. With 50% off with Lyft usually end up paying less than $8 to get Richmond. Far cheaper than paying $10 wife and I to use the skytrain.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
sponge5307 wrote: Nordstrom Rack open and there seem to be a huge line up just to get in.
Did u go inside Nordstrom Rack? If yes, how was the merchandise?
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2013
1982 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
Becks wrote: Did u go inside Nordstrom Rack? If yes, how was the merchandise?
I didn't go but it was on the news when it was first open and you could see huge line up some people not wearing mask there are little social distancing.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3947 posts
1377 upvotes
Vancouver
I checked out Nordstrom Rack in their pre-opening private shopping party and I was impressed! They had a good selection of designer, contemporary, junior clothing and same for shoes. They already had things on clearance at the time too. Pricing is decent for what the items are.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2013
1982 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
Went back last weekend coz we got a coupon to use from last time we purchase something at the outlet and it expire last week. Even more people lining up as there was a few brand name store that just opened. Pretty crazy actually. Most people are wearing mask and the store does limit the number of people inside. Some high end stores does allow you to try clothes on. Afterwards if you don't want it they actually set aside the clothing to be sanitizer which is gone. Shoe store does allow you to try on the shoes but I don't think they require you to wear socks before trying. Many clothing stores still have their fitting room closed. Went to Under Armor and saw a jacket I like so I was just trying it on and got told by the sales I can't even do that. I was a bit surprise since I have a long selevee on. Kinda of ask him so you won't allow me to try on the jackets with my shirt on but you allow people trying on shoes with their socks on or some even not wearing socks. Couldn't answer my questions but whatever.
Overall I feel safer at the outlet since is more open space, pretty much everyone is wearing a mask and people tend to move in a ordeal fashion vs at the mall where some stores doesn't set a limit or people not wearing mask and is coughing all over the place.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3947 posts
1377 upvotes
Vancouver
sponge5307 wrote: Went to Under Armor and saw a jacket I like so I was just trying it on and got told by the sales I can't even do that. I was a bit surprise since I have a long selevee on. Kinda of ask him so you won't allow me to try on the jackets with my shirt on but you allow people trying on shoes with their socks on or some even not wearing socks. Couldn't answer my questions but whatever.
Same deal at Adidas. They said i could buy the item, step outside their store, try the item on, and then return if I didn't like it. WTH? So they prefer to make work for everyone rather than let me try the jacket on for like 10 seconds in store in front of a mirror.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)