[OP]
Feb 15, 2012
318 posts
171 upvotes

Arc'teryx Beta AR - $420

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Outter Limits
Just picked up a black Beta Ar for $420 and free shipping for any orders over $99.

https://www.outterlimits.com/beta-ar-jacket-mens/

I checked on Arc'teryx that Outter Limits is an authorized vendor from Saskatoon!

They also had a few other Arc'teryx items that were 40-50% off.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2773 posts
5481 upvotes
Great jacket.
Great price I paid over $550 for mine on Black Friday in 2017.
It been as low as $349 before as sporting life before.
Nov 22, 2015
671 posts
787 upvotes
Toronto
How would this be as a spring/autumn jacket and for running?
Jul 15, 2005
193 posts
92 upvotes
Scarborough
Vasilyke wrote: How would this be as a spring/autumn jacket and for running?
Okay/good for high output/high intensity sports. the goretex pro isn't the most breathable material so you'll most likely have to unzip pits all the way and you can expect sweat to accumulate. Choose a good wicking mid layer and you'll be alright. If you're looking for a running jacket, look elsewhere. If you're looking for something to use all year, it's great. The athletic cut allows for layering in colder weather too.
May 2, 2017
28 posts
15 upvotes
Great jacket, but sizing is really wonky imo. I'm between a medium and large in most similar jackets, but I was able to go down to a small and still have enough room to fit a fleece or down layer in between. Seems like there is generous amounts of room in the shoulders and chest/back relative to the size. Got it for 375+tax from sporting life last year.
Dec 15, 2016
145 posts
173 upvotes
Excellent jacket...completely wind and water proof from my experiences.
Jun 22, 2013
4 posts
Thanks for sharing. Didnt bought the Beta AR (yet) but a few Patagonia gear.

I was wondering if any of you guys use the Beta AR as a shell during winter for hikes and ski and if so, what do you layer it with. Im new to the layering world, I already own Black Diamond's equivalent of a Atom LT as a mid layer, synthetic base layer and newly own a Patagonia wool sweater. Wondering if that would be enough for -25C.
Feb 6, 2017
179 posts
293 upvotes
Vasilyke wrote: How would this be as a spring/autumn jacket and for running?
It is more of a backcountry shell used with a mid-layer. You can use it 3 seasons with the right mid-layer.

I would recommend the Incendo if you want something for running, then you won't cook yourself in your own heat.....
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2897 posts
3207 upvotes
I tried it in store. It's like wearing a rigid garbage bag and it makes lots of noise when you move. I get that it's goretex and stuff, but the feel of this on the body sucks. If you're not hitting the slopes, I'd much rather have the Atom LT or AR.
Aug 6, 2016
156 posts
134 upvotes
Vancouver
AwaKeQC wrote: I was wondering if any of you guys use the Beta AR as a shell during winter for hikes and ski and if so, what do you layer it with. Im new to the layering world, I already own Black Diamond's equivalent of a Atom LT as a mid layer, synthetic base layer and newly own a Patagonia wool sweater. Wondering if that would be enough for -25C.
It really depends on your activity level. If you're sitting around it might not be enough, if you're hiking/skinning up a 3000ft vertical climb it might be too much.