Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Outter Limits

Arc'Teryx Beta AR Jacket 40% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2020 1:16 am
Jul 23, 2015
23 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary, AB

Arc'Teryx Beta AR Jacket 40% off

Deal Link:
Price:
$419.99
Savings:
40% off
Expiry:
June 28, 2020
Retailer:
Outter Limits
Just bought a new Arc'teryx Beta AR at 40% off at Outterlimits, best deal I could find. This is my third Beta over last 10 years, best Gore-Tex jacket i have owned. This is a no brainer!!
33 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
2975 posts
2622 upvotes
aspen4u wrote: This is my third Beta over last 10 years, best Gore-Tex jacket i have owned.
3rd in 10 years and you pay these 500$ ?! Yea that's too expensive.
Dec 20, 2015
169 posts
74 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Not sure if you know this, but Arc'teryx has a lifetime warranty that's actually quite lenient! I accidentally tore my 6 year old Atom LT while hiking and even after explaining that it was completely my fault, Arc'teryx replaced it for me! My cousin had a similar experience with his 3 year old jacket but because the damage was minor and easily reparable, they simply mended it for him at no cost. However, I have heard of people being charged a nominal fee for repairs, depending on the situation but it's usually nothing too outrageous and they're usually willing to ship it back to you for free :)
Aug 28, 2015
12 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks, OP. I was looking for one for a long time
Banned
Jun 14, 2019
270 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
xblackdemonx wrote: 3rd in 10 years and you pay these 500$ ?! Yea that's too expensive.
Some people can afford to buy a new shell frequently. I have an Alpha SV in basically pristine condition bought for 50% off but bought another 2 years later for the cleaner hood adjusters design and retired the other shell to a coat bag.
Jun 18, 2006
33 posts
21 upvotes
North York
3 in 10 years? Sounds like they're not very good quality.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3160 posts
1856 upvotes
Kingston
I have a Beta SV and I like the longer length, but I don’t like the crinkly fabric that’s pretty noisy. Is this less noisy? Which Arcteryx jacket has a less crinkly shell?
Aug 24, 2015
552 posts
2211 upvotes
AB
This jacket sounds like I’m opening a bag of chips every time I take a step but very worth it while backcountry hiking In the rain. Probably not necessary as a regular rain jacket but I mean if you have the money to spend why not
Oct 29, 2007
802 posts
147 upvotes
not familiar with the Arc'Teryx lines yet, a friend recommends Proton LT for the GTA winter (around -15), and the original prices are very different $700 vs $300, how much difference between Beta AR and Proton LT?

I have been waiting for some months, have not seen Proton LT for my size (medium) and I prefer dark blue or black color hoody, is this $420 a good opportunity to consider for a hoody for weather around -15?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
puglife644 wrote: This jacket sounds like I’m opening a bag of chips every time I take a step but very worth it while backcountry hiking In the rain. Probably not necessary as a regular rain jacket but I mean if you have the money to spend why not
I went to help an Indian friend of mine move wearing this and his parents now call me Russell (because of that Russell Peters stand up and the name sounds like rustle). It's real out there when other people's parents rip you because of your jacket.

Jacket is legit loud AF, sometimes I can't hear people over the noise it makes.

Would still buy again.
sharkman wrote: 3 in 10 years? Sounds like they're not very good quality.
IDK about everyone else but my Arctetyx purchase history looked like this. Less about quality and more about problems with the person wearing it.

- Everyday Shell in a normal non rediculous color

- Start feeling sad that you didn't buy it in a rediculous color, and buy the exact same jacket in the weird color either because it's on sale or you somehow justify to yourself or your wife that you would be safer outdoors in something that stands out more.

-Want a different style either lighter or heavier weight in a non rediculous color

-Start feeling sad again that you didn't buy it in a (non/) rediculous color, and buy the exact same jacket in the weird(/normal) color either because it's on sale or you somehow justify to yourself or your wife that you would be safer outdoors in something that stands out more (or people look at you weird for having such a bright jacket)

Rinse and repeat
Jul 23, 2015
23 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary, AB
yup, i'm aware of and have used their warranty, i owe a lot Arc'teryx, never has any issues with the Beta, just replaced my Black Beta from 10+ years ago ( got more than my money's worth), also have sweet bright green from 3 or 4 years ago. I have no problem spending the $ , i use them all year- backpacking in the rockies to snowboarding on the coast, well worth the investment.
Jan 12, 2009
386 posts
434 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
If you can wait, best price I saw was factory outlet Boxing Day (300 Taylor Outlet east of Niagara Falls) 2019, 387.59 tax in. Historically best price were Altitude/Last Hunt when they really stacked promos, but this was a few years ago.
Koodo Cell, Fongo Home Phone, Rogers Internet, Wealthsimple Investing for now.

RFD Effect is real...Let the Credit Card games begin!
Aug 29, 2018
340 posts
441 upvotes
YPfailsSW2 wrote: Some people can afford to buy a new shell frequently. I have an Alpha SV in basically pristine condition bought for 50% off but bought another 2 years later for the cleaner hood adjusters design and retired the other shell to a coat bag.
#notsohumblebrag
Jan 17, 2007
28 posts
17 upvotes
Saskatoon, SK
andyhejob wrote: not familiar with the Arc'Teryx lines yet, a friend recommends Proton LT for the GTA winter (around -15), and the original prices are very different $700 vs $300, how much difference between Beta AR and Proton LT?
They are very different jackets. The Proton LT (Light) is a mid-layer insulated jacket that is good for spring, fall, and early winter when temps are not much below -10 Celsius.However, the Proton LT is not windproof, and only has a DWR coating for light precipitation. The Beta AR (All Round) is a burly shell that is windproof and waterproof, but which has no insulation. The Beta is intended to go over base and/or mid-layers. These jackets complement each other rather than being interchangeable.
Sep 21, 2019
525 posts
1182 upvotes
andyhejob wrote: not familiar with the Arc'Teryx lines yet, a friend recommends Proton LT for the GTA winter (around -15), and the original prices are very different $700 vs $300, how much difference between Beta AR and Proton LT?

I have been waiting for some months, have not seen Proton LT for my size (medium) and I prefer dark blue or black color hoody, is this $420 a good opportunity to consider for a hoody for weather around -15?
I wouldnt wear Proton LT down that low unless I had a heavy baselayer and I was going for a run or doing some other high output
Oct 29, 2007
802 posts
147 upvotes
arcteryx.com mentions PROTON LT has water-resistant feature, I thought it can be the outer layer, I may need to do more research

Maybe Arcteryx is best for skiing which I don't do often, I just hope the Breath-ability and Weather Resistance features can also beneficial for city life
Jan 12, 2009
386 posts
434 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
The brand has a few sub brands, the standard (which is mountain/outdoor focused), Veilance (fashion/urban) and LEAF (Law Enforcement/Military). There's a lot of info online about the different lines, and features within each line (e.g. Deciphering ATOM LT = insulation (light)) with build, function and features. Most exterior/insulation synthetic Arc pieces will have some water/wind resistance, it's the degree that will vary. Proton is designed to be more breathable than traditional synthetics, for active use (climbing, working etc), not so much standing in a parking lot. If you're not in very high winds, Proton could be used as an exterior piece. As a frame of reference many people will use the Atom LT (similar insulation value, but less breathable and rely on breathable underarm materials compared to the Proton) for climbing and basic urban use, without a shell (unless it gets really gnarly) in Southern Ontario.

Many people will pair the insulation (e.g. Proton LT as a mid-layer) with a shell for very high winds/precipitation. Everyone is different so there is some research/experimentation to do.
Koodo Cell, Fongo Home Phone, Rogers Internet, Wealthsimple Investing for now.

RFD Effect is real...Let the Credit Card games begin!
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
andyhejob wrote: arcteryx.com mentions PROTON LT has water-resistant feature, I thought it can be the outer layer, I may need to do more research

Maybe Arcteryx is best for skiing which I don't do often, I just hope the Breath-ability and Weather Resistance features can also beneficial for city life
Almost all outerwear relies on appropriate layering. That means some kind of close-to-skin base layer, an insulation layer, and an outer shell layer.

The last poster was correct. The Proton and the Beta are completely different types of jackets. As a mid-layer, you could wear the Proton outside without a shell if the conditions allow. There is a DWR coating on it as well to shed light rain. If you're going for a ten minute walk to the grocery store in light rain, the Proton would likely suffice. The Proton is intended as an active insulation layer. Meaning it's fairly air-permeable and works well as a mid-layer during activities that require some exertion. The Beta on the other hand is made with one of the best waterproof membranes available: Gore-Tex Pro. While you certainly could the Beta for just walking around the city, it's primary purpose would be hiking during a real rainstorm, skiing during stormy conditions, or backpacking in real treacherous conditions. It will stop rain, wind, snow. However, you would still need some kind of insulation layer, like the Proton, underneath. With a system like this, you should theoretically remain very comfortable under all your layers, stay dry, with body vapours allowed to escape through your mid and shell layers, all with minimum venting.

The Beta really is an excellent all-rounder. You could backpack with it during spring rains and ski with it in the winter.
Removed external link in signature.
Jun 27, 2012
342 posts
301 upvotes
Thanks OP. Bought the Beta AR online and got an Atom LT instore for cheaper. Looks like every place has the jackets on sale but it's still the cheapest for the Beta AR on that site.
Oct 24, 2019
17 posts
32 upvotes
Damn I just bought a ZETA AR for $499 before tax!! Wish I got to deal