• May 12th, 2020 12:12 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3411 posts
1388 upvotes
Lévis

Over the air TV reception drop when receiver on

Hi,

I have an indoor antenna and, when I turn on my Denon avr-x3600h receiver, the quality of the reception drops a bit. It's specially true with one channel. Receiver on I lose that channel but get it back when the receiver is off. Antenna is almost a meter from receiver. Antenna-TV cable is a RG-6 from primecables, thus it's shielded. I'm clueless of what might cause this.

Someone has the answer?

thanks
Last edited by SPARTACVS on May 11th, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1872 posts
1553 upvotes
Québec
You have a coaxial cable, but your TV is not shielded from RF interferences. Your Denon is probably emitting the interference RF.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3411 posts
1388 upvotes
Lévis
elgros4 wrote: You have a coaxial cable, but your TV is not shielded from RF interferences. Your Denon is probably emitting the interference RF.
Hmm, if I understand well, I should move the receiver further from the TV. Any other solution?

thanks
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
9451 posts
2623 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Hmm, if I understand well, I should move the receiver further from the TV. Any other solution?

thanks
The further the better until the reception improves.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1872 posts
1553 upvotes
Québec
Does the Denon has a metal casing ?
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3411 posts
1388 upvotes
Lévis
elgros4 wrote: Does the Denon has a metal casing ?
Well, the exterior is metal. At least for the top-sides and rear. Front seems plastic.
Pourquoi pas?