[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2035 posts
474 upvotes
Lévis

Over the air TV reception drop when receiver on

Hi,

I have an indoor antenna and, when I turn on my Denon avr-x3600h receiver, the quality of the reception drops a bit. It's specially true with one channel. Receiver on I lose that channel but get it back when the receiver is off. Antenna is almost a meter from receiver. Antenna-TV cable is a RG-6 from primecables, thus it's shielded. I'm clueless of what might cause this.

Someone has the answer?

thanks
Last edited by SPARTACVS on May 11th, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
5 replies
Sep 13, 2011
968 posts
625 upvotes
Québec
You have a coaxial cable, but your TV is not shielded from RF interferences. Your Denon is probably emitting the interference RF.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2035 posts
474 upvotes
Lévis
elgros4 wrote: You have a coaxial cable, but your TV is not shielded from RF interferences. Your Denon is probably emitting the interference RF.
Hmm, if I understand well, I should move the receiver further from the TV. Any other solution?

thanks
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8674 posts
1622 upvotes
SPARTACVS wrote: Hmm, if I understand well, I should move the receiver further from the TV. Any other solution?

thanks
The further the better until the reception improves.
Help an animal charity or sanctuary out today. Become a volunteer, advocate, foster a pet, or donate. They need you as much as you need them!
Sep 13, 2011
968 posts
625 upvotes
Québec
Does the Denon has a metal casing ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
2035 posts
474 upvotes
Lévis
elgros4 wrote: Does the Denon has a metal casing ?
Well, the exterior is metal. At least for the top-sides and rear. Front seems plastic.
Pourquoi pas?