Fashion & Beauty

Overall thoughts on buying clothes from Mark's work wearhouse?

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 3:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2012
1400 posts
311 upvotes
Vancouver

Overall thoughts on buying clothes from Mark's work wearhouse?

Hello, looking to buy new clothes... I was wondering what the general opinion is of clothes from Mark's work wearhouse. I'm just looking at buying polos, sweaters, or jackets.
9 replies
Jul 16, 2019
473 posts
259 upvotes
Built to last. Had some never iron dress shirt that lasted years and was better than any of the big brands.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1131 posts
822 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Bought many shirts/shorts/pants from Marks, no issues with the quality.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
8350 posts
3794 upvotes
Markham
SquirreI wrote: Hello, looking to buy new clothes... I was wondering what the general opinion is of clothes from Mark's work wearhouse. I'm just looking at buying polos, sweaters, or jackets.
You mean style or quality
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1377 posts
1521 upvotes
Toronto
Jeans are solid but don't think people are shopping there for fashion or style.
Jul 7, 2020
240 posts
95 upvotes
Ottawa
I've regretted every purchase I have ever made from there, the only exceptions being for actual heavy-duty work attire. I would never buy casual or professional clothes from there.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
3692 posts
1425 upvotes
KhetysTeachings wrote: I've regretted every purchase I have ever made from there, the only exceptions being for actual heavy-duty work attire. I would never buy casual or professional clothes from there.
I used to get the flyer in the mail every week, I went to the store a couple of times.

The casual items look much better on the flyer or website, not so much in real life. Other than that, they have a great selection of safety boots / shoes, and actual working clothing.

But the casual stuff could be found anywhere else.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9283 posts
1709 upvotes
Toronto
Only thing is limited sizes.
I've bought a few things but never wore them.
Generics like brand name jackets that could be had other places can sometimes be well priced when on sale.
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2007
3341 posts
586 upvotes
GTA
Agree with Motomondo. Their clothes look much better in the flyer than in store. I prefer Eddie Bauer to Mark's personally.