Travel

Overly entitled EVA Air passenger dies on vacation...

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 5:38 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2840 posts
1902 upvotes

Overly entitled EVA Air passenger dies on vacation...

Surprised this hasn't been posted here yet:

https://nypost.com/2019/04/19/creepy-to ... -vacation/

I suspect FlyerTalk has lost one of its members... find which one 1-brags about flying EVA Air 2-Flies EVA because of the young Asian flight attendants 3-regularly goes to Thailand to see hookers...
14 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2010
1341 posts
265 upvotes
Toronto
Entitled? it's a lot more than that...

It was sexual assault.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2840 posts
1902 upvotes
cardle wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 1:42 pm
Entitled? it's a lot more than that...

It was sexual assault.
No kidding. Sounds just like a FlyerTalker to come up with "travel hack" like that :-) Young Asian female FA's to wipe his butt on the flight (knowing that's what EVA hires).... then young Asian hookers in Thailand when he gets there.

Must have gone "overboard" with the hookers, booze, and drugs while there, and looking at him I doubt his heart and hardened arteries could take it. At least he died "happy"...
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10707 posts
5440 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Jeez, imagine sitting right beside this guy.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2840 posts
1902 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 1:53 pm
Jeez, imagine sitting right beside this guy.
One of the articles says he buys 2 (or was it 3?) seats in economy so he can fit. But still I'm sure the BO wafting through the cabin wasn't fun for the other pax....
(and since he insisted the lavatory door be open while he's using it... I'm sure that added to the existing stench)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2008
9223 posts
1050 upvotes
First thing that came to mind was "was he an American?"
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2010
5815 posts
2567 upvotes
EastGTARedFlagger wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2019 2:08 pm
One of the articles says he buys 2 (or was it 3?) seats in economy so he can fit. But still I'm sure the BO wafting through the cabin wasn't fun for the other pax....
(and since he insisted the lavatory door be open while he's using it... I'm sure that added to the existing stench)
I can't even begin to imagine how a 440 lb tub of lard would be able to even fit in the economy lavatory even with the door open. The FAs should have just left him in the toilet to fend for himself.

Oh, it's bad form to speak ill of the dead? Too bad.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
7649 posts
1745 upvotes
Mississauga
The airline should've kicked him off as soon as possible and had him arrested. Truly disgusting and awful.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Nov 23, 2015
612 posts
301 upvotes
Winnipeg
An awkward spot for the airline, for sure. If they knew this guy would be such an idiot they never would have let him board. But how do you know that in advance? Do you ask passengers before they board, "excuse me, but can you prove that you can wipe your own butt?"

It's kind of a self regulating system among passengers, most people don't put themselves in that situation. But every one in a million people you end up with a piece of work like this guy.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4433 posts
363 upvotes
56kbps wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 3:08 pm
An awkward spot for the airline, for sure. If they knew this guy would be such an idiot they never would have let him board. But how do you know that in advance? Do you ask passengers before they board, "excuse me, but can you prove that you can wipe your own butt?"

It's kind of a self regulating system among passengers, most people don't put themselves in that situation. But every one in a million people you end up with a piece of work like this guy.
..or, my pun intended, a piece of shit.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2840 posts
1902 upvotes
Raggie wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 2:23 pm
The airline should've kicked him off as soon as possible and had him arrested. Truly disgusting and awful.
+1

Couldn't really kick him off as it was a long haul flight and they were probably over the Pacific.

The captain should have been called out to warn him "you follow through on your threats (to crap/piss all over the floor) and I will have Taipei police arrest you when we land. Not our problem you can't wipe yourself. You should have planned for this*..."

* like maybe eating a low-residue diet for a day or two before flying? or taking Imodium... Should have used his "Priority Pass" so he can empty out his bowels and stink up the lounge bathroom then expect their staff to wipe him. At least there's more room in there than on the plane...
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Apr 24th, 2019 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2016
2840 posts
1902 upvotes
speedyforme wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2019 10:02 am
First thing that came to mind was "was he an American?"
My first thought was "entitled arrogant jerk from FlyerTalk..."
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Apr 24th, 2019 1:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
5406 posts
3120 upvotes
Toronto
According to Taiwan News, the lawyer said the creepy guy died sometime in March due to an unspecified illness while on a lengthy beach holiday on the Thai island of Koh Samui.
"Unspecified illness" = got taken for a whale and was harpooned while swimming in the sea
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4692 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
Good riddance