• Last Updated:
  • Mar 5th, 2020 9:22 pm
[OP]
Aug 21, 2019
419 posts
250 upvotes
Markham

Overnight parking ticket Markham

So got an overnight parking ticket for $50.
I live in a townhouse and many times have used the street parking in the morning times to quickly access the car for school pick up and drop without any issues. One day I forgot to take the car to my assigned underground parking in the night and realised only the next day and was surprised to find a parking ticket. Please note that there is no sign in the street that states that over night parking is prohibited.
Last edited by Stallion86 on Mar 5th, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
10344 posts
6609 upvotes
Edmonton
Stallion86 wrote: So got an overnight parking ticket for $50.
I live in a townhouse and many times have used the street parking in the morning times to quickly access the car for school pick up and drop without any issues. One day I forgot to take the car to my assigned underground parking in the night and realised only the next day and was surprised to find a parking ticket. Please note that there is no sign in the street that states that over night parking is prohibited. I have started the dispute process and wanted to get fellow RFDers opinion. Has any one successfully got their tickets dismissed based on no clear signs or instructions being posted as in my case here ?
You need to know the parking laws in your municipality. Apparently they'll post a sign if you CAN park on a street overnight. Otherwise, it's a no-go.

https://www.markham.ca/wps/portal/home/ ... eetparking

C
[OP]
Aug 21, 2019
419 posts
250 upvotes
Markham
Thanks guys. Guess paying the ticket is the way to go .

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)