Expired Hot Deals

[overstock.ca] Bic America F-12 Subwoofer $305 (or $275)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 7th, 2019 6:42 pm
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
5756 posts
1467 upvotes
Milton
ebates has 2% cashback on overstock: ebates.ca/overstock
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11892 posts
9458 upvotes
Oil Country
Great "budget" subwoofer. Normally a good sub will run upwards of $500. The BIC subs are a great alternative for around $300, and you should get several years of use out of them before you're ready to splurge on something better.

I bought the BIC H-100II a few months back, and love it. I was able to spend a bit more on other speakers, because I spent less on the sub. Maybe in 5 years or so I'll upgrade to something better.

Just beware, I was reading that some BIC subs are known to have flaky amps. Just can't remember which models, and whether it was an issue that's been resolved on newer built ones.
Dec 14, 2006
852 posts
367 upvotes
Shipping kills it though, or do they have pick-up outlets?
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
15475 posts
6935 upvotes
Ottawa
RFDQ1016 wrote: This or Polk HTS12?
@warpdrive
The Polk was a great deal when it was on sale for $300 or $350. It has beefy build quality (see the cutout picture in some of the reviews), and would be more than competitive with this sub (specs are in the same ballpark), and you can walk into any BB and buy it

The F12 has been shown not to have any real output below 30Hz, and the Polk is also down about 5 dB around 25Hz in room. This has a 150W RMS amp and the Polk 200W. So they are in the same ballpark as far as performance with maybe the Polk edging it out.

I would choose the Polk myself, I like the downfiring port diffuser which may reduce audible chuffing and the modern styling (instead of a black box). Hopefully the support is good as well because amps on subs are the most common source of failure
This is RedFlagDeals, not RedFlagCheapskates. Rich or poor, we all want our deals so we can buy even more stuff we may or may not need.