Expired Hot Deals

Overwatch $39.99 (GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION) BB & EB GAMES / $39.97 (ORIGINS EDITION) (BB) (PC XBOX, PS4)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 20th, 2018 6:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2012
1261 posts
3057 upvotes

Overwatch $39.99 (GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION) BB & EB GAMES / $39.97 (ORIGINS EDITION) (BB) (PC XBOX, PS4)

Expiry:
February 22, 2018
10 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3332 upvotes
looks like it is a free weekend too
time to check if my pc runs this.
and amazon.ca also has this on sale but don't have the pc
Nov 7, 2017
317 posts
665 upvotes
damn those are hot prices. No point in getting origin, when goty is the same thing +10 loot boxes.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3870 posts
1737 upvotes
0Sense wrote: damn those are hot prices. No point in getting origin, when goty is the same thing +10 loot boxes.
For those wondering, 10 loot boxes are about $10...or maybe around 7-10 hours of play time.

It's a good price for a fantastic game.

That said, ranked play can be incredibly frustrating at times because some people online can be terrible.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2011
1071 posts
695 upvotes
Canada
I have this game. I have more fun playing fortnite (free) that overwatch and it's tiny map.
Deal Guru
Aug 30, 2009
10347 posts
2164 upvotes
Aurora
halcyon wrote: For those wondering, 10 loot boxes are about $10...or maybe around 7-10 hours of play time.

It's a good price for a fantastic game.

That said, ranked play can be incredibly frustrating at times because some people online can be terrible.
Meh overated game that needs to drop to $20 as missed the $10 sale at eb for regular edition. And your comment on lootboxes makes me laugh as that's one of the catapults that allowed them to think it was "OK" to bring loot boxes into every fing triple A game to make extra dinero.
signature removed for rule violations
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2514 posts
2708 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
waven101 wrote: looks like it is a free weekend too
time to check if my pc runs this.
and amazon.ca also has this on sale but don't have the pc
Pro tip: if your pc barely runs the game, make sure you have it so that battle net app closes when the game launches. Be surprised how much resources that app takes up, having it exit when launching the game, makes a difference.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3870 posts
1737 upvotes
yoda12320 wrote: Meh overated game that needs to drop to $20 as missed the $10 sale at eb for regular edition. And your comment on lootboxes makes me laugh as that's one of the catapults that allowed them to think it was "OK" to bring loot boxes into every fing triple A game to make extra dinero.
LOL..yeah. Though loot boxes are nothing really new (i.e. Diablo has always had RNG loot), Overwatch seems to be one that's popularized the funding mechanism. Though I'm ok with look boxes with Overwatch, a lot of other companies have dropped the ball on how to do it right (EA... looking at you with regards to both NFS:Payback and the infamous BF2).

And of course, Overwatch (like any other game) may not be for everyone...I have a lot of friends who don't care for it but for those who enjoy it...they really enjoy it!
Mar 8, 2007
75 posts
5 upvotes
I bought on PSN and it was 39.99, no tax.

Not sure if people prefer having a physical copy, but thought I'd mention.