• Aug 3rd, 2016 12:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
Gammatron wrote: Portuguese Chirrasquerias FTW!! It tops any of these chicken chains.
How do they compare to some of the other little guys like George's chicken @ Bathurst & Bloor, maybe? (to name one...)

Scores would do quite well @ Yonge & Eglinton, but the rent might be too high. I'd love to see them take over the former Boston pizza space or something...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3868 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: How do they compare to some of the other little guys like George's chicken @ Bathurst & Bloor, maybe? (to name one...)

Scores would do quite well @ Yonge & Eglinton, but the rent might be too high. I'd love to see them take over the former Boston pizza space or something...
I went to George's chicken once and thought it wasn't any better than grocery store chicken. I've had some awesome Portuguese chicken though. St. Mathews Portuguese chicken at Rogers/Old Weston was amazing and dirt cheap ($6 for half a chicken).

Scores already tried and failed in the GTA.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Scores already tried and failed in the GTA.
GTA doesn't count. They have to be in Toronto proper to qualify. (for something already done) Remember, if TTC doesn't take you there, it's not Toronto proper, and they've never given it a chance.
I never even knew about scores until long after they were gone.
I'd love to give them a try in Toronto...as in, not having to pay extra bus fare to get to it.
(I also have friends looking for new restaurants to try outside of the usual Swiss chalet routine...)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3868 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: GTA doesn't count. They have to be in Toronto proper to qualify. Remember, if TTC doesn't take you there, it's not Toronto proper, and they've never given it a chance.
I never even knew about scores until long after they were gone.
I'd love to give them a try in Toronto...as in, not having to pay extra bus fare to get to it.
(I also have friends looking for new restaurants to try outside of the usual Swiss chalet routine...)
Most people don't take the bus everywhere. Just because you didn't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't count.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Most people don't take the bus everywhere. Just because you didn't know about it doesn't mean it doesn't count.
Your point ends up being as moot as mine. Scores may be coming to Toronto in 2017. They have more immediate desire to care for Baton Rouge expansion here first as well as further expansion of Scores closer to Quebec.
I'm surprised to learn Scores opened up recently in Cornwall, very close to a St. Hubert. I hope that's doing well!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3868 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Your point ends up being as moot as mine. Scores may be coming to Toronto in 2017. They have more immediate desire to care for Baton Rouge expansion here first as well as further expansion of Scores closer to Quebec.
I'm surprised to learn Scores opened up recently in Cornwall, very close to a St. Hubert. I hope that's doing well!
Do you have any evidence that Scores is opening in Toronto in 2017?
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
21709 posts
9002 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Do you have any evidence that Scores is opening in Toronto in 2017?
Call franchising and ask for yourself. See what they say...or better yet, send an email requesting that they come to Toroto (if you don't have access to long distance calling) and see what response you get.
For what it's worth, maybe they're just telling the average Torontonian chicken fan what they want to hear...(?)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
8086 posts
3868 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote: Call franchising and ask for yourself. See what they say...or better yet, send an email requesting that they come to Toroto (if you don't have access to long distance calling) and see what response you get.
For what it's worth, maybe they're just telling the average Torontonian chicken fan what they want to hear...(?)
I'll just wait for an official announcement. I don't care enough to call/email them.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21265 posts
6248 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Yesterday I had St Hubert's in Quebec for the first time and I must say they are far better than most chicken restaurants. The chicken and sauce was very favorable and the fries crispy.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
I tried the Chalet BBQ in Montreal for the first time last year. Oh man, was it ever good. It's like St Hubert, only it's actually really really good. Chicken breasts are most and juicy (not overcook unlike SC and SH), fries are fresh cut and the vinegar coleslaw is among the best I've had.
Not only that, it was cheaper too.

I wish there was more than one location in Montreal, because that would be a restaurant worth replicating everywhere

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)