Hot Deals

[Oxio] Oxio - cable internet service in QC : 15/10 $30 - 30/10 $40 - 60/10 $45 + 1st month free + $25 referral

  • Last Updated:
  • Nov 19th, 2020 10:17 pm
[OP]
Member
Feb 25, 2015
242 posts
96 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Oxio - cable internet service in QC : 15/10 $30 - 30/10 $40 - 60/10 $45 + 1st month free + $25 referral

Deal Link:
Price:
30 to 65
Retailer:
Oxio
I'm looking to change my provider Videotron for a higher speed and cheaper price.
I found these prices and promos that seem interesting and less expensive than Fizz:

Anyone here tried this provider?

https://oxio.ca/internet/

Unlimited Cable Internet in QC province
15/10 $30
30/10 $40
60/10 $45
120/20 $65

First month free with code: " changepouroxio "
$25 Refer friend

Anyone here tried this provider?
Last edited by goal80 on Jul 4th, 2020 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
265 replies
Newbie
Dec 17, 2015
78 posts
179 upvotes
Greenfield Park, QC
I’m with them now. So far so good but keep in mind they are dependent on Videotron for installs and transfers, and that can take a while. Customer service seems way above average. Nice thing is they also offer TV over IP if you’re into that kind of stuff.

Edit: typos
Newbie
Jun 27, 2018
45 posts
51 upvotes
I'm with them now as well. Install was super easy because I used to be a videotron customer, so it was really just plugging in the modem and router they shipped me. Customer service via live chat is phenomenal and super quick. I'm on the 60 / 10 and reach these speeds (and sometimes faster) on the 5 GHz, but never on the 2.4 (don't know if this is normal). In any case, the 5 GHz is super stable and I never have to switch.
Jr. Member
Dec 15, 2006
153 posts
42 upvotes
Montreal
What is the cable modem they supply? On their website it is mentioned Hitron CDA-RES? Is a router also included with the equipment they provide?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5270 posts
3501 upvotes
Looks to have good prices. Anyone knows how much per terminal for tv service? Can't find the answer on their page
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5270 posts
3501 upvotes
Plainview wrote: 120/20 with Fizz is 60$.
Although Fizz probably corrected issues they had at their lunch I would never ever go back with them... worst aftersale service ever. And, in my personal case, they ended m'y LTE service and blocked all data on my cell phone because of a nebulous incompatibility issue, after everything went smoothly for several months...
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1012 posts
1001 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
I don't see why you would want this over Fizz?

Same or better pricing and you are dealing directly with Videotron instead of a reseller?

Until resellers win the appeal on wholesale rates, they are screwed.
Newbie
Jun 27, 2018
45 posts
51 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: I don't see why you would want this over Fizz?

Same or better pricing and you are dealing directly with Videotron instead of a reseller?

Until resellers win the appeal on wholesale rates, they are screwed.
Fizz 60/10 is $5 more expensive and you don't get first month free. Fizz customer service is also terrible.

Also to answer the other question, wifi router is included. Unlike fizz however, modem and router are two different devices.
Member
User avatar
Sep 23, 2007
205 posts
39 upvotes
Yul
aldhux wrote: I'm with them now as well. Install was super easy because I used to be a videotron customer, so it was really just plugging in the modem and router they shipped me. Customer service via live chat is phenomenal and super quick. I'm on the 60 / 10 and reach these speeds (and sometimes faster) on the 5 GHz, but never on the 2.4 (don't know if this is normal). In any case, the 5 GHz is super stable and I never have to switch.
Aldhux, Did you have any other fees to pay ? Shipping or 1st month ?

How's the speed quality of service keeping up ?
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Sure this will help others out now that it's moving season here in Quebec Winking Face
Member
Jun 18, 2013
257 posts
65 upvotes
hybrid-fibre network
So is it fibre or cable?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5270 posts
3501 upvotes
UND3AD wrote: So is it fibre or cable?
cable. they call it hybrid fiber, because they have an hybrid networc. From the line to the house it's coax cable
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
5270 posts
3501 upvotes
superxxxstud wrote: I don't see why you would want this over Fizz?

Same or better pricing and you are dealing directly with Videotron instead of a reseller?

Until resellers win the appeal on wholesale rates, they are screwed.
dealing with Fizz is FAR from dealing with Vidéotron. Been there, done that. And never again. for sure worse than dealing with a reseller, which I never tried, but I am 1000% (yes, 1000%, not a typo!) sure
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2015
1012 posts
1001 upvotes
Roxboro, QC
DoorCrasher wrote: dealing with Fizz is FAR from dealing with Vidéotron. Been there, done that. And never again. for sure worse than dealing with a reseller, which I never tried, but I am 1000% (yes, 1000%, not a typo!) sure
Yes but many resellers are having bandwidth issues and connection drops. I assume this doesn't happen with fizz. Also, we are discussing internet. Once it is installed and plugged in, you rarely need to contact customer service.

Top