Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Oxio

Oxio - cable internet service in QC : 15/10 $30 - 30/10 $40 - 60/10 $45 + 1st month free + $25 referral

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2023 8:19 pm
Jun 14, 2017
409 posts
296 upvotes
Montreal
ibdpman wrote: Both services are on V-Cable, is it possible to have two providers active on the cable? I'll be switching over to 60/10 from 15/10.
Cable systems don’t have any way of telling what address they are except by the modem serial number. You can take your modem to your neighbour’s house and plug it in... you’ll have your internet connection there. I know someone who had Videotron and Teksavvy at the same time for years (one dedicated for work, one for family)
😱
Jul 31, 2006
193 posts
6 upvotes
bman95 wrote: Cable systems don’t have any way of telling what address they are except by the modem serial number. You can take your modem to your neighbour’s house and plug it in... you’ll have your internet connection there. I know someone who had Videotron and Teksavvy at the same time for years (one dedicated for work, one for family)
Awesome, thanks!
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
2048 posts
636 upvotes
Alberta
outtolearn88 wrote: Very well explained Thumbs Up Sign
But most people not everyone knows be what they need as a speed plan.
Yes you definitely won't be dealing with rates going up during the year......

To each their own choices
I don't need all that speed , for sure but I need a reliable connection.
I'm with Carry Telecom and is a disaster, there is not a single day I don't lose connection.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2013
2048 posts
636 upvotes
Alberta
Emporium wrote:
Anyhow, all ISP have their ups and downs. However deleting posts is not cool at all. For Altima, that is what I liked about them. They did have issues during pandemic, and they adjusted accordingly.
Does Oxio use to delete bad reviews?
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2013
1666 posts
1558 upvotes
Montr
So it’s exactly 1 week since I switched from Ebox. No problems so far including my WFH. And my 1st bill is 0.00$

Edit 1:
So I am experiencing a 1st hickup with internet. Web sites take long to respond. Facebook cannot be loaded. I don't want to reset the modem for now since I'm working
Last edited by Desperadude on Sep 4th, 2020 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
iamthebest wrote: Does Oxio use to delete bad reviews?
Reviews I have no idea..

But I was referring to Post #162 where they apparently:
"They deleted their Facebook post where everyone was complaining about the outage."

If you have an outage, there should be no reason to delete any posting. It happens, just live up to it and move on.
Jul 1, 2019
50 posts
92 upvotes
Anyone go through the song and dance of asking them for the login information for the router? What's the deal with that?
Apr 30, 2017
597 posts
1089 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
I pay 64$ taxes included for 400/50 with distributel and have a Videotron modem and line.
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
JonDuke19 wrote: I pay 64$ taxes included for 400/50 with distributel and have a Videotron modem and line.
Can i ask... How long have you been with Distributed on that plan ? Have you had any problems with the service ?

Thanks for sharing
Rainbow
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
for those who matters, they dont support blacklivesmatters when asked. they stay silent. their price is not cheap, but what cables services is cheap in qc?

I was with acanac, then altima, then fizz. with all of them, some days at 3am i lost connections. always near that time, i have no idea why
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Apr 30, 2017
597 posts
1089 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
outtolearn88 wrote: Can i ask... How long have you been with Distributed on that plan ? Have you had any problems with the service ?

Thanks for sharing
Rainbow
It's been about 6 months now. It's going amazing. I actually usually have about 420-435 on download. Rarely below 400.
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
JonDuke19 wrote: I pay 64$ taxes included for 400/50 with distributel and have a Videotron modem and line.
How did you get that PRICE ?
That's far less than the $90 / mouth on the Distributel website.

Please share?

Rainbow
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
How did you get that PRICE ?

Please share?

Rainbow
Apr 30, 2017
597 posts
1089 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
outtolearn88 wrote: How did you get that PRICE ?

Please share?

Rainbow
I didn't realize the promo was over. I had saw the promo in here and called them.
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
JonDuke19 wrote: I didn't realize the promo was over. I had saw the promo in here and called them.
Can you say when or link where the promo was posted ? Would really like to see it. Don't really like just saying low $$ plan for Distributel in a forum for OXIO. It just not fair
Apr 30, 2017
597 posts
1089 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
outtolearn88 wrote: Can you say when or link where the promo was posted ? Would really like to see it. Don't really like just saying low $$ plan for Distributel in a forum for OXIO. It just not fair

Sure. It was part of this discussion: best-internet-deals-quebec-2146261/19/#p31958715

I posted once and you asked 3 questions which made me keep posting. You are the one making this conversation continue. Don't tell me it isn't fair after you made me talk and even take the time to answer you.
Apr 30, 2017
597 posts
1089 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, Quebec
outtolearn88 wrote: Can you say when or link where the promo was posted ? Would really like to see it. Don't really like just saying low $$ plan for Distributel in a forum for OXIO. It just not fair
Oh the irony... You personally asked me to review the deal and the service in the thread and I answered you there when I got it.
Images
  • Screenshot_20200914-182654_RedFlagDeals.jpg
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
JonDuke19 wrote: Oh the irony... You personally asked me to review the deal and the service in the thread and I answered you there when I got it.
Ohh the irony ! I'm getting OLD and Forgetful 🤣
I didn't see it being in the OXIO thread.
No harm done but the plan you stated in having with Distributel is right now unavailable. I called in, got no where was just offered what's on their website. Relieved Face

Okay the search for better plan is still on Rainbow
Jul 31, 2006
193 posts
6 upvotes
ibdpman wrote: Thanks to this thread, I'm switching over to Oxio! They sent a text with an activation date and a request to cancel my service with the current provider for that day. I did so but now I'm wondering if I should call back and give myself a few more days with the current provider in case something goes wrong.

Both services are on V-Cable, is it possible to have two providers active on the cable? I'll be switching over to 60/10 from 15/10.
Wanted to follow-up on this for anyone looking to switch over to Oxio.

I was told that the service with my previous provider had to be cancelled prior to the switch. This could be specific to Videotron cable?

There was a period of 1-2 hours without internet during the switch. Oxio was responsive to inquiries on Facebook messenger. The internet works fine since, no complaints so far!
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
ibdpman wrote: Wanted to follow-up on this for anyone looking to switch over to Oxio.

I was told that the service with my previous provider had to be cancelled prior to the switch. This could be specific to Videotron cable?

There was a period of 1-2 hours without internet during the switch. Oxio was responsive to inquiries on Facebook messenger. The internet works fine since, no complaints so far!
Thanks for the update and Yes I think it's specific to VIDEOTRON network. You can't have more than one reseller at the same address. Meaning you can have Videotron TV and Oxio's internet Only at that address active at the same time but not any other combination of providers. Hopefully. Helps you understand, it's not simple 🥴

Rainbow

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)