Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Oxio

Oxio - cable internet service in QC : 15/10 $30 - 30/10 $40 - 60/10 $45 + 1st month free + $25 referral

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2023 8:19 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
1141 posts
2567 upvotes
I am swtiching from ebox to oxio. Ebox is not as reliable as before, and their prices are no longer competitive.
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
vkizzle wrote: No, you can have multiple ISP running at the same time, using different modems.
Actually you can't have multiple ISP running at the same time at the same address. Videotron will disconnect the other provider with in the next day or so. Videotron will only have one active Internet provider per address.

Rainbow
May 12, 2009
468 posts
1016 upvotes
outtolearn88 wrote: Actually you can't have multiple ISP running at the same time at the same address. Videotron will disconnect the other provider with in the next day or so. Videotron will only have one active Internet provider per address.

Rainbow
That's what I thought too, but it turns out both services were active when my friend switched the modems last night. She lost internet for exactly the time it took to switch modems and power cycle the router.
Jul 10, 2019
596 posts
580 upvotes
Plainview wrote: 120/20 with Fizz is 60$.
i'm so glad i jumped on fizz when they first came out. still playing 39$/month for these speeds.
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
horiah00 wrote: That's what I thought too, but it turns out both services were active when my friend switched the modems last night. She lost internet for exactly the time it took to switch modems and power cycle the router.
That's exactly what I was explaining.

The two service provider won't stay together for more than a few days.

Rainbow
Sep 20, 2012
126 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
h8g7f6j9k0 wrote: i'm so glad i jumped on fizz when they first came out. still playing 39$/month for these speeds.
Is their internet reliable? I switched to Fizz for my cellphone and it's been fine, except that I do miss the quality of VoLTE. However, since we are now working from home, we can't afford ANY internet outage. I'm currently with Videotron.
Nov 19, 2014
159 posts
93 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I lost my internet connection only once since Fizz home internet service started. That day, whole Videotron network was down in my area. Other than that and the annoying modem, I have been happy with Fizz. Also, you cannot really contact them after certain hours which is quite annoying when you have a big issue.
Jul 10, 2019
596 posts
580 upvotes
Archeob wrote: Is their internet reliable? I switched to Fizz for my cellphone and it's been fine, except that I do miss the quality of VoLTE. However, since we are now working from home, we can't afford ANY internet outage. I'm currently with Videotron.
Fizz is actually owned by Videotron, so if you're happy with your current videotron reliability on cable you should be good with Fizz.
only price errors are true deals - such is the philosophy of RFD.
Jan 13, 2005
981 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
I just signed up for Oxio 15/10 and my connection is much more stable than with Acanac. no problem sharing with all the familly. They sent me a voice modem and voice router.

I also got 25$ from a referral.
Many thanks
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
KAN wrote: I just signed up for Oxio 15/10 and my connection is much more stable than with Acanac. no problem sharing with all the familly. They sent me a voice modem and voice router.

I also got 25$ from a referral.
Many thanks
Hi Waving Hand Sign. How's your service been ?
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
Rainbow
Feb 25, 2016
64 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
Hi

What speed are you guys getting with Oxio tonight ? I'm getting really low speed , between 20 and 40 Mbps .
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
hacher wrote: Hi

What speed are you guys getting with Oxio tonight ? I'm getting really low speed , between 20 and 40 Mbps .
What speed package do you have ?
I'm on 15/10 V-Cable and all's perfect.
Rainbow
Feb 14, 2015
126 posts
48 upvotes
Montreal
A 7 or 10mbps plan for 25$ would have been nice for those who are light users.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
ytrewq wrote: A 7 or 10mbps plan for 25$ would have been nice for those who are light users.
Altimatel does have a 10M package for $30/month and it is unlimited at least.
Prepay for a year and you get 1 month free, so averages out to $27.50/m.
Feb 14, 2015
126 posts
48 upvotes
Montreal
Emporium wrote: Altimatel does have a 10M package for $30/month and it is unlimited at least.
Prepay for a year and you get 1 month free, so averages out to $27.50/m.
I just checked their website and that is actually a good deal. Currently, installation fees are 40$ though. but they usually have specials every Black Friday with free installation.
Feb 25, 2016
64 posts
7 upvotes
Montreal
outtolearn88 wrote: What speed package do you have ?
I'm on 15/10 V-Cable and all's perfect.
Rainbow
Hi

It's all good now , it was a problem in my setup .
Jan 13, 2005
981 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
hacher wrote: Hi

Result ID 10402794112
PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

I paid for 15/10. very stable. It's been a month and I got cut once this morning at 2:28. It lasted...2 min.
My son was always complaining about drop off with Acanac ADSL.
Sep 23, 2007
306 posts
81 upvotes
Yul
KAN wrote: Result ID 10402794112
PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

I paid for 15/10. very stable. It's been a month and I got cut once this morning at 2:28. It lasted...2 min.
Thanks for sharing Thumbs Up Sign
Oxio's been solid. No slow down anytime of the day.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2004
4278 posts
5209 upvotes
Montreal, QC
KAN wrote: Result ID 10402794112
PING ms
DOWNLOAD Mbps
UPLOAD Mbps

Looks like they fixed their super high ping times they had originally. Good to know.

Funny about this disconnect this morning. I'm with a different ISP (altimatel) and I had a short cut also around the same time. I figured maybe it was my ISP rebooting some core hardware, but I guess not. I guess possibly an issue with upstream provider which affected many of us in MTL area.

Acanac I gave up on a while ago. for 2 years Paul (the owner) was promising additional cable profiles. I had 10/1 with them and just needed something with something faster on the upstream (something like 15/10, or 30/10), but at the time all they had was 60/10 to get anything faster on upstream. I didn't need 60/10, it was way more than I needed then (ok, now I'm at 100/20 but needs change). All other ISP offered something in between the 10/1 and 60/10 but acanac refused to have anything. So I just moved on. I got lucky and my departure was pretty smooth. However I have 2 friends which it was not as pretty. They called to cancel, they got their disconnect date for about a month later, so subscribed to new service with that activation date. But they were surprised that 2 or 3 days later, their service was cut. And Acanac said they could not do anything. Luckily new ISP stepped up to the plate quickly and managed to get installation within 5 days instead of a month out. But still it was a real d1ck move on Acanac's part.
Jan 13, 2005
981 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
I have heard that Bell is not updating or investing in their regular lines. Only Fiber. So everyone reselling their lines will get bad quality as time goes by. ADSL is dead