Oysters ... none left in TO?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2020 9:38 am
[OP]
Aug 8, 2006
461 posts
138 upvotes

Oysters ... none left in TO?

Tried buying some the other weekend @ Diana's ... store was completely devoid of them.

Drove to Oyster Boy after ... they're closed up with a sign that literally says 'cleaned out'.

Anyone can recommend anywhere else to buy?
11 replies
Mar 24, 2012
133 posts
52 upvotes
Etobicoke
phez wrote: Tried buying some the other weekend @ Diana's ... store was completely devoid of them.

Drove to Oyster Boy after ... they're closed up with a sign that literally says 'cleaned out'.

Try island oysters. They deliver as well.
Nov 30, 2017
10 posts
1 upvote
Friend of mine picked up some from Diana's today. Tempted to make the drive down tmr.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
16622 posts
3825 upvotes
Toronto
happypandaperson wrote: Friend of mine picked up some from Diana's today. Tempted to make the drive down tmr.
Speaking for myself, Diana's is the best. Sounds like the best bet is to call them first before heading over there.
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2010
1408 posts
743 upvotes
Toronto
Got mine delivered from Diana couple days ago.

I highly recommend the Kusshi Oysters.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11696 posts
1582 upvotes
phez wrote: Tried buying some the other weekend @ Diana's ... store was completely devoid of them.

At Dianas did you happen to ask them what was going on? they would probably tell you when to expect stock. I was also thinking of getting some oysters soon from Dianas....didn't know there was a stock issue.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2006
461 posts
138 upvotes
happypandaperson wrote: Friend of mine picked up some from Diana's today. Tempted to make the drive down tmr.
dang really? i guess i do need to call ahead then. when i said they were empty ... like not even a crumb of a shell anywhere when i was there!
[OP]
Aug 8, 2006
461 posts
138 upvotes
ToDealHunter wrote: Got mine delivered from Diana couple days ago.

I highly recommend the Kusshi Oysters.
how to get delivery? just call them?
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15861 posts
13076 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
A lot of our seafood is FLOWN IN FRESH
And a lot of it moves around via regular flights
c/o Air Canada Cargo
Fewer travellers = fewer flights ... means there is less stuff moving
Same issue that Canada Post has

Ya can probably bring fresh seafood in via Courier Cargo Flights
Like FedEx or UPS
Or by land / truck
But it’s gonna cost a lot more too
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11696 posts
1582 upvotes
phez wrote: dang really? i guess i do need to call ahead then. when i said they were empty ... like not even a crumb of a shell anywhere when i was there!
Did you ask them what's up?