Expired Hot Deals

[P&G/Costco] Spend $100 on P&G Costco Products, Get a $25 Costco Shop Card by Mail (Starts Oct 26)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2020 11:41 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
1197 posts
476 upvotes
T Dot
Glad I read this before heading to Costco...was planning to buy 12 packs of Charmin (yearly stock)....now what lol
Newbie
Sep 19, 2015
74 posts
52 upvotes
they also ran out of toilet paper and paper towel online.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2011
1163 posts
249 upvotes
OTTAWA
cky312 wrote: Anything they sell in store will almost always be cheaper than online. It's all shipping.
That is the $25.- gain pays for the shipping.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1178 posts
724 upvotes
Vancouver
Submitted two receipts for the same P&G product and one was accepted and the other rejected. Not sure how the second receipt did not meet the criteria of the promotion - what a pain!
Jr. Member
Sep 2, 2008
141 posts
79 upvotes
My submission got rejected too, with the reason "We’re sorry! We’re unable to validate your submission for the P&G Costco Spend $100 Get $25 Program. One or more of the receipts submitted is invalid because the image is not a Costco Wholesale Canada receipt."
This after I took the trouble to get the screenshot from the Costco online order receipt. It was a pain to get the full receipt as a JPG file since it doesn't fit in landscape mode I had to change to portrait mode to take the screenshot and they reject it.
For some strange reason the website doesn't allow you to upload a pdf file which could make the process much easier compared to generating a JPG or PNG file

I'm regretting participating in this waste of time promo
Member
Sep 4, 2007
429 posts
365 upvotes
itan wrote: My submission got rejected too, with the reason "We’re sorry! We’re unable to validate your submission for the P&G Costco Spend $100 Get $25 Program. One or more of the receipts submitted is invalid because the image is not a Costco Wholesale Canada receipt."
This after I took the trouble to get the screenshot from the Costco online order receipt. It was a pain to get the full receipt as a JPG file since it doesn't fit in landscape mode I had to change to portrait mode to take the screenshot and they reject it.
For some strange reason the website doesn't allow you to upload a pdf file which could make the process much easier compared to generating a JPG or PNG file

I'm regretting participating in this waste of time promo
But you're in too deep now, no backing out lol

My local costco (Calgary Heritage) didn't even have any P&G branded paper towels or TP around, so easy opt out for me this year. Made life easier as I've struggled to hit $100 in past years of this promo for a 2 person household
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1158 posts
666 upvotes
Tried 2x, rejected 2x. Never had this issue last year. Thinking of just returning the items..
Sr. Member
Mar 30, 2008
711 posts
198 upvotes
Vancouver
Hard for a family of 3 to spend the $100.
Especially when most of the products are on sale already, which is good.
1 Bounty paper towel
1 tide laundry detergent
2 cascade dishwasher pucks
3 dawn spray foam dish soap packs (love that stuff)
Just over $100.
Wont be buying dish soap for years
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2001
1178 posts
724 upvotes
Vancouver
Mmagic888 wrote: Tried 2x, rejected 2x. Never had this issue last year. Thinking of just returning the items..
My rejected receipt insta-magically went from rejected to accepted. I did email them with a copy of my receipt but the reply was "your receipt already shows as accepted", so I think they were having some issues on the first day of the promotion which have now been resolved.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2007
1158 posts
666 upvotes
AEmgee wrote: My rejected receipt insta-magically went from rejected to accepted. I did email them with a copy of my receipt but the reply was "your receipt already shows as accepted", so I think they were having some issues on the first day of the promotion which have now been resolved.
I submitted my receipt on the 1st day (26th): rejected
Re-submitted yesterday 27th: rejected this morning
Sent an e-mail, if I get any additional pushback, I’m just going to return the items.

I even circled every requirement on the receipt so they know exactly where to look and the picture sent is clear.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 23, 2004
11949 posts
137511 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

I don't understand this promotion If it was on sale, I would understand, but almost everything is at "full price". Honestly, it would be cheaper actually wait for a sale rather then buying it at full price to get a rebate.

Unless you take the chance of getting it and do a price adjustment after within 30 days...

Ju Leon...
Sr. Member
Jun 13, 2017
523 posts
346 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

I don't understand this promotion If it was on sale, I would understand, but almost everything is at "full price". Honestly, it would be cheaper actually wait for a sale rather then buying it at full price to get a rebate.

Unless you take the chance of getting it and do a price adjustment after within 30 days...

Ju Leon...
Actually, laundry detergents and the softener are on sale.
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 23, 2004
11949 posts
137511 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

But can you buy 100$ worth of it?

Ju Leon...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 7, 2011
8945 posts
12876 upvotes
As I previously posted in a different thread...

I wonder if you can double dip on two promos using one Costco receipt.

Purchase any participating Oral-B product from Costco, and submit your receipt for this promo.

Send the same receipt to the Oral-B promo running here: oral-b-get-20-mastercard-prepaid-card-w ... s-2406330/

https://oralbmastercard.ca/
Q: What are the participating products?

A: ...Oral-B (excludes iO, PRO7000, PRO6000, PRO2000, PRO500)...
If the above works, you walked away with $45.00 ($25 Costco Shop Card + $20 MC GC)

Good luck.
Member
Dec 26, 2017
420 posts
259 upvotes
sorry for probably the repeat question

but do i have to buy all on one bill? or can i submit more than one receipt equals to 100$ plus tax
Sr. Member
Jun 13, 2017
523 posts
346 upvotes
Ajax, Ontario
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

But can you buy 100$ worth of it?

Ju Leon...
I did it last year (the combination of detergents and softeners). I am not sure if we can do it again this year though (haven't read the terms and conditions yet).
"If you offend the OP instead of thanking him, I will gladly report you for either harassment or off-topic."

ArloCopter
Sr. Member
Jan 3, 2013
706 posts
2384 upvotes
Toronto
Did this work successfully for anyone? Literally bought just four P&G items on one receipt totally over $100, submitted it, and it only shows $24.99 was approved.

Interesting, the $24.99 was the price before the sale, should have been $24.99 - $5 = $19.99.
Member
Jul 7, 2016
349 posts
697 upvotes
inferno_gn wrote: Hi there,

I don't understand this promotion If it was on sale, I would understand, but almost everything is at "full price". Honestly, it would be cheaper actually wait for a sale rather then buying it at full price to get a rebate.

Unless you take the chance of getting it and do a price adjustment after within 30 days...

Ju Leon...
Last year, I stacked this promotion with sales.

Checking what I bought last year (Ontario prices, 2019):
  • Charmin Ultra Soft Bathroom Tissue 30 rolls x 221 sheets (Reg. $23.99 - $5.00 = $18.99)
  • Bounty Plus Paper Towel 12 x 92 sheets (Reg. $22.79 - $4.80 = $17.99)
  • Tide Advanced Power Laundry Detergent (Reg. $23.99 - $4.00 = $19.99) (there were many other detergent sales)
  • Oral B Glide Comfort Plus Floss 6 pack (Reg. $14.99 - $4.00 = $10.99)

There was a good post last year that summarized 2018's sales that were generally consistent with 2019's sales (credit goes to @Howitzer1). Hopefully we see some repeat deals in 2020.
2018-10-29 – 2018-11-04
Cascade Platinum Dishwasher Detergent
Ultra Downy Fabric Softener
Head & Shoulders Shampoo Classic Clean

2018-10-29 – 2018-11-11
Tide Powder Original Laundry Detergent HE
Tide Advanced Power Liquid Detergent
Swiffer Dusters
Swiffer Dry Refill Sheets
Swiffer Wet Refills

2018-11-05 – 2018-11-11
Gillette Fusion Cartridges

2018-11-12 – 2018-11-25
Charmin Ultra Soft Bathroom Tissue
Febreze Air Effects
Gillette Sensor 2 Plus Disposable Razors

2018-11-19 – 2018-11-25
Mr. Clean All Purpose Cleaner
Cascade Power Clean Dishwasher Detergent
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers
Gain Liquid Detergent
Gillette Fusion Cartridges
Oral B Glide
Oral B Bacteria Guard Toothbrushes
Crest Pro-Health Advanced Mouthwash
Crest 3D White Toothpaste

Top