• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2020 1:23 pm
[OP]
Jul 25, 2019
360 posts
145 upvotes

Package delivered but not received

Not sure what my next steps are here -

Ordered some hand sanitizer from Showcase, which was shipped last week by Fedex. Fedex tracking is showing the package as delivered, however I never actually received it. I’ve called Fedex who are still investigating, however they told me today the driver dropped off the package (clearly to the wrong address). Emails to the store have gone unanswered.

Will VISA do chargeback in situations like this? Clearly it’s not the stores fault.. and I do feel kind of bad going down this route, but not sure what else I can do?
6 replies
Nov 29, 2019
93 posts
94 upvotes
You have to open up a claim with FedEx. Visa won't do a chargeback in this case. Although Showcase is the one who has to contact FedEx, you are the one who has to be persistent.. It is harder if someone deliberately took your package, but if it was just delivered to a wrong place, you will get your money back eventually.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1348 posts
1500 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Yeah you gotta fight FedEx hard for it.
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Aug 30, 2019
21 posts
40 upvotes
Your contract is with the seller, not the carrier. How do you know it was never delivered to your address and stolen rather than dropped off at the wrong address?

Yes, contact Fed Ex and open a claim (just makes life a bit easier), but your actual claim is with the seller.

The problem that we will see more and more of, is stuff like this, especially with all this contactless delivery for products and food now. One thing you could look at is a camera / camera doorbell to cover the entrance way if you think this could be an ongoing problem.

Also, please do not do a chargeback until you have at least contacted the seller and given them the chance to rectify this, chargebacks hurt retailers and should only be used when really needed.
[OP]
Jul 25, 2019
360 posts
145 upvotes
Thatsaredflag wrote: Your contract is with the seller, not the carrier. How do you know it was never delivered to your address and stolen rather than dropped off at the wrong address?

Yes, contact Fed Ex and open a claim (just makes life a bit easier), but your actual claim is with the seller.

The problem that we will see more and more of, is stuff like this, especially with all this contactless delivery for products and food now. One thing you could look at is a camera / camera doorbell to cover the entrance way if you think this could be an ongoing problem.

Also, please do not do a chargeback until you have at least contacted the seller and given them the chance to rectify this, chargebacks hurt retailers and should only be used when really needed.
I live in a (small) condo building downtown... all packages go to the concierge. So unless Fedex left my package on Bloor St, or my concierge stole it (I doubt this very much), I highly suspect they just dropped it at the wrong address. My beef is with Fedex, who has been not been responding to me.
[OP]
Jul 25, 2019
360 posts
145 upvotes
starsoda wrote: You have to open up a claim with FedEx. Visa won't do a chargeback in this case. Although Showcase is the one who has to contact FedEx, you are the one who has to be persistent.. It is harder if someone deliberately took your package, but if it was just delivered to a wrong place, you will get your money back eventually.
If that’s the case and someone stole it, doesn’t Visa have purchase protection insurance?
Nov 29, 2019
93 posts
94 upvotes
VISA Purchase Protection: What is not covered?
Lost items or items that mysteriously disappear are not covered.
“Mysterious disappearance” means the vanishing of an item in an unexplained manner when there is an absence of evidence of a wrongful act by a person or persons.
Items lost, stolen, or damaged, miss-delivered, while under the care and control of a third party or common carrier (including but not limited to airlines, the Postal Service, or other delivery services).