• Mar 4th, 2019 10:49 am
[OP]
Sep 11, 2011
604 posts
675 upvotes
Toronto

Page Navigation at the top

Hi all,

Wondering if there is a way to add the page navigation near the top (above the threads, much like it is at the bottom).

The reason being is: I tend to browse on mobile browsers, which makes it hard to know what page I’m on (typically after leaving and returning later). I used to click the address bar when I was using my BB Browser and it would place the type marker at the end, where I could see the page number. Unfortunately that doesn’t seem to be the case with most modern browsers.

I know we could just scroll down to find the page navigation bar, but even that isn’t ‘quick’ to find because of all the extra info (ie. Thread Display Options, TRENDING HOT DEALS sections) is at the actual bottom, and in some browsers a quick swipe up sends the page racing to the bottom far past the navigation bar.

I figure it would be best to add this as a setting, as to not cause an uproar!

Thanks in advance for your time!
2 replies
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
35464 posts
9488 upvotes
Ottawa
I thought it used to have that feature and it was removed on one of the updates. I too liked that feature. Would be nice to have it back.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
14154 posts
26578 upvotes
Scarborough
I also browse a lot on mobile web and wish there was a page selector at the top. People often land on the first page of a thread and having to scroll all the way to the bottom to get anywhere is no fun.

Pete is right, there was a page selector at the top of the mobile site when we first upgraded to PHPBB. This was apparently a bug (by design it wasn't supposed to be there) and was fixed shortly there after.

I'm going to bring this back up to see if there's anything we can do about this now.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].