Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Pallet Coffee Roasters

20% off all Pallet Coffee - Friday 13th Sale

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2023 10:45 pm
35 replies
Mar 4, 2019
78 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver
Even though I've enjoyed Pallet's coffee beans in the past, I always find it difficult to order from other roasters on a price-per-gram basis now that I've discovered Agro.
Agro on the regular sells 340g for $17 and 2lb/908g for $40 with roast dates basically the day before it's shipped. I've not noticed a difference in quality between Agro and other roasters but I'll admit, I've never done a side-by-side comparison.

Honestly bewildered at how Agro keeps their price so low compared to other roasters.
Jun 18, 2009
64 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Agro is my go-to when I need to re-up and I can't find a sale at any other roaster.
Jul 10, 2013
104 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto
Just ran out of Pilot so this is perfect.

Ordered 3 bags for $50 shipped.

Next time will try Agro instead of waiting for a sale!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7070 posts
2691 upvotes
Canada
what's with 340gr ? that's 1 week if you are single and half if you are a family. Still, weird number that I don't get at all. Unless you all are subscribed to receive it weekly.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22391 posts
3267 upvotes
dazz wrote: what's with 340gr ? that's 1 week if you are single and half if you are a family. Still, weird number that I don't get at all. Unless you all are subscribed to receive it weekly.
Price point stays around $20, and under $20 on sale; and you always have a fresh bag.
Sep 26, 2016
30 posts
62 upvotes
Thanks OP. Great deal for sure if you need 2-4 day fresh roasts.

Donald's Market and Welks has them similarly priced regularly if you need bags right away. Sometimes slightly older roasts 1-2 weeks out, but better for expresso based drinks imo.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2009
1415 posts
1111 upvotes
Montreal
dazz wrote: what's with 340gr ? that's 1 week if you are single and half if you are a family. Still, weird number that I don't get at all. Unless you all are subscribed to receive it weekly.
Most specialty roasters sell in 340g bags (12 oz in American). Some now are in 250g bags in order to meet a $20 price point.

And when you get a new bag probably wasting 10-20% just dialling in the grind.
Dec 22, 2011
314 posts
371 upvotes
London
How much coffee are you drinking? 340 grams at a "typical" 15 gram pourover is nearly 23 servings at 240-255 grams of output. I solo brew specialty coffee and one of these bags lasts me probably ~3 weeks, and lately that has been with 18 gram to 288 gram output brews with a Hario Switch.

Even if you were to go through 36 grams per day (two 18 gram brews) you're still looking at 9.5 days to get through 340 grams.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1703 posts
1365 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've tried all these craft roasters, like Hale, Pallet, Pilot, Java, De Mello, Propeller, Reunion, etc, and I like Hale the most. But with all this hyper-inflation going on, grogeries are getting way too expensive, so I decided to try other beans. The one that surprised me the most was Farm Boy organic beans. They have similar aroma profiles as the small batch roasters, but it's much more affordable... considering... and their beans are fully washed process, no oily/glaze to them.

At $15.99 for a 454g bag regular price, can't go wrong if you need to save some here and there, but not quite ready for Costco beans yet.

PXL_20230113_200246465.jpg
PXL_20230113_200254872.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
7070 posts
2691 upvotes
Canada
metabrah wrote: How much coffee are you drinking? 340 grams at a "typical" 15 gram pourover is nearly 23 servings at 240-255 grams of output. I solo brew specialty coffee and one of these bags lasts me probably ~3 weeks, and lately that has been with 18 gram to 288 gram output brews with a Hario Switch.

Even if you were to go through 36 grams per day (two 18 gram brews) you're still looking at 9.5 days to get through 340 grams.
I roast my own coffee (light-medium roast only) and I drink about 2-3 cups of double-shot latte per day + whatever wify drinks + guests. We go through a lot. But then I buy 20lb+ at a time of green beans.
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Jul 30, 2020
41 posts
39 upvotes
I don't understand why many roasters don't show the roast level of their various coffees. I only like light to light-med roasts, filter or espresso is not a good indication of roast level. It's too bad because i've passed up a lot roasters that probably have great coffee.
Dec 20, 2018
802 posts
1222 upvotes
MagistrateX3 wrote: I don't understand why many roasters don't show the roast level of their various coffees. I only like light to light-med roasts, filter or espresso is not a good indication of roast level. It's too bad because i've passed up a lot roasters that probably have great coffee.
I think it may be because there is some amount of subjectivity about that. A traditional medium may be considered medium-dark by more new-school people/roasters.

I only drink filter. I usually interpret filter as medium-light. I only expect light if it specifically says it.

Any time I have ordered a coffee that says suitable for espresso or filter it as been too dark for the filter I like.
Outlaw ellipses and apostrophes.
Sep 6, 2005
105 posts
8 upvotes
dazz wrote: I roast my own coffee (light-medium roast only) and I drink about 2-3 cups of double-shot latte per day + whatever wify drinks + guests. We go through a lot. But then I buy 20lb+ at a time of green beans.
Where do you buy your green beans from if you don't mind sharing?! I'm in the same boat and need to find an affordable way to keep up with the amount I drink!
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2083 posts
5337 upvotes
Vancouver
mangoLC wrote: Even though I've enjoyed Pallet's coffee beans in the past, I always find it difficult to order from other roasters on a price-per-gram basis now that I've discovered Agro.
Agro on the regular sells 340g for $17 and 2lb/908g for $40 with roast dates basically the day before it's shipped. I've not noticed a difference in quality between Agro and other roasters but I'll admit, I've never done a side-by-side comparison.

Honestly bewildered at how Agro keeps their price so low compared to other roasters.
Same. I only buy from Agro. They raised their prices at the end of last year, but it's still cheaper than everyone else even when there are sales like this.
I can't really tell the difference between an Agro single-origin Ethiopian Guji and a, for example, Pallet single-origin Ethiopian Guji. Both excellent.

Tip: Agro offers 10% discount for subscriptions. I always just place a subscription order and then cancel the subscription immediately. This may make it a bit harder to hit the $40 free shipping threshold depending on what you buy though.
I think they choose to gouge their customers just a tiny bit instead of a lot. Like, their prices are great relative to other single-origin roasters, but it's still not exactly cheap. A big bag of beans from Costco are MUCH cheaper :P

Agro also supplies many shops in the Vancouver area - more than Timbertrain, Pallet, and others it seems - so maybe they've achieved some economies of scales that others haven't.
Last edited by coolwasabi on Jan 13th, 2023 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 30, 2020
325 posts
348 upvotes
Vancouver
metabrah wrote: How much coffee are you drinking? 340 grams at a "typical" 15 gram pourover is nearly 23 servings at 240-255 grams of output. I solo brew specialty coffee and one of these bags lasts me probably ~3 weeks, and lately that has been with 18 gram to 288 gram output brews with a Hario Switch.

this is why i always have trouble with the idea of buying more than one bag at a time.
i do exactly what you said with 15g a day. most subscription services are for 2 bags or more, so i dont want my second bag going stale by the time it's halfway through.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1075 posts
747 upvotes
Thank you. Will try it out

I have yet to settle on a roaster! I am trying different ones every time and can’t seem to find this pure taste without any significant notes.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)