[Panasonic.ca] Panasonic Canada Lumix Camera Month sales

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 23rd, 2019 11:52 am
8 replies
Mar 18, 2013
87 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
Just to let everyone know that the M4/3 ship has sunken, Panasonic has jump ship to L-Mount. I wouldnt invest in any M43.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
6926 posts
4311 upvotes
Canada
Henry626 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 11:03 pm
Just to let everyone know that the M4/3 ship has sunken, Panasonic has jump ship to L-Mount. I wouldnt invest in any M43.
:facepalm:

Panasonic (and Olympus) are still making m43 cameras, Panasonic recently launched new m43 stuff as well.

M43 is alive and well
Public Mobile, Koodo and Freedom Mobile customer
Mar 27, 2015
112 posts
227 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
You can save a few extra $ if you have Workperks, sign up for the Panasonic VIP Partner Program via Venngo
Public Mobile 'Friend' :)
Aug 28, 2017
59 posts
121 upvotes
Henry626 wrote:
m43, aps-c and full frame each has their pros and cons and it gets even more interesting when you look at available lenses, size and cost. You're talking about m43 like it's a last-gen Intel chip or something.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
3396 posts
1194 upvotes
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 11:23 pm

Panasonic (and Olympus) are still making m43 cameras, Panasonic recently launched new m43 stuff as well.

M43 is alive and well
Yup. It had 4 new bodies plus 2 new lenses come out this year. That's not bad for a system that already has 60+ lenses.
stretchmuffler wrote:
Sep 10th, 2019 3:31 am
m43, aps-c and full frame each has their pros and cons and it gets even more interesting when you look at available lenses, size and cost. You're talking about m43 like it's a last-gen Intel chip or something.
Exactly, different systems have different uses. I won't go into equivalence because the muddies the waters on lens pricing, but if you've ever shot full frame stopped down outside of base ISO, congratulations you're within the crop shooting envelope. The advantages are in the extrema.

As for the deal itself, this is more or less the regular street price. If you go to a local camera store, they may even bundle in a few goodies (extra battery or memory card).
Mar 18, 2013
87 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
RFDQ1016 wrote:
Sep 9th, 2019 11:23 pm

M43 is alive and well
Companies have spend resources on R/D for their product life cycle and these typically stretches a good few years so they will release them as it comes to completion.

Look at Sony’ A-mount, how many new lens/body do you see pending release?

Look at Nikon s F-mount, how many new F lenses/body do you see? They’ll still release their D6 because it’s in they product life cycle but everything else is done for their F mount.

Panasonic and Oly are the smaller players, i dont see how they can afford to spend resources for two different systems but that s my view.
Feb 17, 2019
27 posts
7 upvotes
Henry626 wrote:
The GH5 and GH4 offered video features that full frame cameras are only now beginning to catch up with. Whatever becomes the next cutting edge standard in video, you can bet that it will be on M43 before it comes to full frame.