Expired Hot Deals

Panasonic Infrared Convection Toaster Oven $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 8th, 2020 5:47 pm
Jun 18, 2017
439 posts
295 upvotes
Check superstore for the little one. I saw them there at the beginning of the year.
Dec 3, 2007
573 posts
393 upvotes
Just unboxed my flashxpress that I bought awhile ago from Costco.

Not sure whether to return and buy this or keep.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1945 posts
181 upvotes
If this is anything close to the FlashXpress, it's definitely a must buy. I have the FlashXpress and have been using it almost daily for the past 5 years and it works beautifully.
I barely use my oven and on some occasions, it does a better job heating than a microwave (stuff doesn't come out soggy, and it heats up all the way through).
Apr 24, 2010
721 posts
377 upvotes
Canada
Panasonic makes the best toaster ovens and hair dryers on earth.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2165 posts
1718 upvotes
GVRD
jaigandhi5 wrote: It sells for $80 USD @ Walmart.com (US only) https://www.walmart.com/ip/Panasonic-Hi ... /374483315
Doesn't seem to be there (now).
Amowagou wrote: Panasonic makes the best toaster ovens and hair dryers on earth.
I'm constantly amazed at the long-lasting and good engineering of Panasonic products. Panasonic products are built well and last. But in 2020, there's a large % of people that will buy a no-name product at 20-30% less, even if it ends up in the landfill in a year.
glib wrote: Just unboxed my flashxpress that I bought awhile ago from Costco.
If you want extended baking to be faster, go with convection. For me, the FlashXpress is used mostly for re-heating light things, small pizzas, toasting, etc. Fast stuff where you mostly want quick outside toasting/melting. For longer baking, go convection, as that circulating heat will cook the inside of things more quickly.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2013
1458 posts
778 upvotes
SW ON
dracolnyte wrote: looks like a great substitute for those breville ones
Why substitute those?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2165 posts
1718 upvotes
GVRD
Only 6 units remaining...

6 thumbs up votes, yet probably 34 RFD users have purchased units in the last few hours.
Apr 11, 2007
839 posts
634 upvotes
Oakville
Bought one 4 years ago from Costco.ca
It was $129 save $30 for $99 Each
Very good purchase

So 4 years later it’s that much inflated ?
Jun 18, 2017
439 posts
295 upvotes
yohung wrote: Bought one 4 years ago from Costco.ca
It was $129 save $30 for $99 Each
Very good purchase

So 4 years later it’s that much inflated ?
This is for the new bigger version. This would be the size of other toaster ovens not the smaller flashexpress.
Jun 18, 2017
439 posts
295 upvotes
glib wrote: Just unboxed my flashxpress that I bought awhile ago from Costco.

Same as the other poster mentioned. Depends on your use. I have the little guy which i like for the small size but has it’s limits due to its size. But I just use it for toasting a few slices of bread or making those mini pizzas and reheating left over meats like chicken so the small size works for me. If your needing a larger size to cook a full chicken or do baking then go with the bigger one. It will take up more space and use more electricity though.
May 26, 2020
23 posts
20 upvotes
Will this toaster oven make fries, wings, nuggets etc. nice and crispy? Or would something like the cuisinart toa-65 be better?
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2002
1179 posts
532 upvotes
RxMills wrote: Only 6 units remaining...

6 thumbs up votes, yet probably 34 RFD users lurkers have purchased units in the last few hours.
FTFY
Deal Addict
Sep 23, 2007
1631 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Product does not exist? Did I miss the sale? Is this available in store? What’s the difference between this and a toaster oven?
[OP]
Nov 29, 2013
174 posts
306 upvotes
BrianJai wrote: Product does not exist? Did I miss the sale? Is this available in store? What’s the difference between this and a toaster oven?
Looks like it's sold out at Costco
Still available at BestBuy and at Amazon
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2165 posts
1718 upvotes
GVRD
Only 9 RFD people liked the OP's deal enough to thumbs-up their deal?

But at least 40 were purchased by RFD users or RFD lurkers, within hours of the OP's posting.

So, at least 31 more people liked the OP's deal enough to buy it, but didn't bother to even thank the OP and thumbs-up the thread.
The OP should know that their posting was appreciated by many more people than the few thumbs would suggest.
dosanjha wrote: Hi everyone,
I came across this deal on Costco.ca, for the Panasonic Infrared Convection Toaster Oven.
Jun 23, 2020
18 posts
7 upvotes
Looks like you can still add this on backorder for delivery between 08/20/2020 and 08/31/2020.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
2676 posts
3558 upvotes
SAINT JOHN

Features:

1750 W
Stainless steel
Infrared heating elements

You might want to check your fuse box and wiring before using it. If you're in an older home you may max out aorund 1725W (15A fuse x 115v = 1725W ) and I'd rather be under the max wattage just for some safety head room.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Feb 8, 2017
377 posts
264 upvotes
This is not a newer bigger version of the flashxpress. I am disappointed.

This toaster is just bigger but not as good. The tray not sliding out is ridiculous and the controls are not great.

The flashxpress is tiny but the light is so bright and you can see what is cooking. This toaster has a tinted window and burns the shit out of stuff if you aren't paying attention.

Also, the flashxpress looks like a VCR from 1992 and that's kind of cool. I'm hoping Costco sells it again.