Panasonic link2cell compatibility issue

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 7th, 2017 8:26 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5236 posts
813 upvotes

Panasonic link2cell compatibility issue

I'm considering discontinuing my home phone and replacing with one of the cordless link2cell phone setups of panasonic. On their compatibility list: http://www.panasonic.ca/link2cell/en/chart.asp it doesn't list a Huawei ascend XT but i don't know if its because it hasn't been tested or it's not compatible. Panasonic support is non - existent. Anyone know if there is some software or specific driver within the phone that would help me figure this out? I'd hate to buy one instore and return it if its not compatible. thanks
2 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2004
2202 posts
404 upvotes
162 wrote: I'm considering discontinuing my home phone and replacing with one of the cordless link2cell phone setups of panasonic. On their compatibility list: http://www.panasonic.ca/link2cell/en/chart.asp it doesn't list a Huawei ascend XT but i don't know if its because it hasn't been tested or it's not compatible. Panasonic support is non - existent. Anyone know if there is some software or specific driver within the phone that would help me figure this out? I'd hate to buy one instore and return it if its not compatible. thanks
It's just a bluetooth connection so I'd bet it would work. I had my old blackberry bold 9900 working with them and it isn't on the list either. I'd risk the buy and return because iId bet the only reason it wouldn't work is due to a bluetooth incompatibility issue.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
I've used mine with Nexus one, Nexus 4 and V20 without issues out of the box.
Issues only arose in the N1 and N4 when I installed custom ROMs that sometimes broke pairing.

You're probably fine with stock.
Should you want to install a custom ROM and run into the issue I did, you can extract the Bluetooth config file and inject it into the new install - the Panasonic thinks it's the same phone pairing and just works.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)