Entrepreneurship & Small Business

PandaPay Merchant Services - has anyone heard of this one?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 14th, 2023 4:46 pm
Oct 14, 2007
216 posts
54 upvotes
Mississauga

PandaPay Merchant Services - has anyone heard of this one?

Salesperson from PandaPay Merchant Services came in today trying to sell their merchant services. They say they aren't a broker - meaning they don't resell Moneris or Paymentech services - they are their own processor. They wouldn't supply a rate sheet but wanted a 20 minute meeting to go over.

We've never heard of this company before - has anyone?
15 replies
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
They are a reseller for both Elavon and First Data. Not necessarily a bad thing, but anyone that would lie to you about their company, shouldn’t be trusted. From their website...PandaPay is a Registered MSP/ISO of the Canadian branch of U.S. Bank National Association, Elavon and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., Canadian Branch.
Nov 28, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
Terrible company. They only care about making money off your hardware. We own a restaurant and they leased (so we are stuck for YEARS) our hardware to us with out being able to accept tips for our waitresses. How inconsiderate and yes they when there’s a problem the service is great..because they transfer you to their processors company, to wait on hold on their 1-800 phone lines. BEWARE!
Jun 14, 2019
1 posts
Hi Isabelle,

The tip option is a simple terminal configuration which takes 10sec to do. Please reach out to client care 1-877-301-4616 and they will gladly assist you with this configuration.
Nov 28, 2018
2 posts
1 upvote
No this is not true Marc, this is exactly what I mean, you do not even know what products your selling. You claim this takes 10 seconds to fix??? I have spent hours on the phone, not with your sales company but with the actual processing company you sold me to. I have your ELO p.o.s system it was recommended to us since we are a restaurant...only to find out after we signed the lease that we are unable to accept tips. It is hard to keep servers working because they rely on tips to help with such low servers wage. I do not recommend PandaPay, our sales rep was great but PandaPay lead him and us on to get their commission. Stick with your bank as their payment services are actually transparent and the best rates.
Aug 20, 2019
1 posts
This company is sketchy to say the least. One of my clients who is 84 years old owns a store in Langley BC and got sucked into signing up with this company. She made a keying error in one of her transactions and the customer did not check the amount and proceeded with the transaction. A week or so later the customer came in with his credit card statement and they corrected the error. This company "suspended" her account without any notification what so ever. Her debit machine still works, still accepts processing cards of all types and still rings off at the end of the night, but they have held her funds. No phone call, no fax, no letter in the mail that "they think that there may be a problem with some transactions". The way she found out her money was not being deposited was when she got a call about an issue with a cheque that she had written and she went into the bank. They suspended her account deposits July 8 and up to today she has not received a penny of her thousands and thousands of dollars that has gone thru the machine. If she had not contacted them asking them what the heck was going on because of what the bank showed her she still would be going on the assumption that all was well. BS after BS excuse is all we get when we call them. "We're working on it" is their standard answer along with empty promises to call us back and update us with no call backs and no deposits. Once she gets her money we are cancelling this debit machine and going with a reputable company.
Sep 4, 2019
1 posts
Horrible company to deal with.
They have been a ghost as soon as I finished signing up. I've made several attemps to cancel it, they keep giving me the run around, dont respond to phone calls or emails.
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
Upon closer examination, this company is under the Nuvei (formerly Pivotal Payments) network. Feel free to google Pivotal Payments and decide accordingly...
Oct 27, 2019
5 posts
Hi Shepkraft,
It's a great question that you ask. Most merchant companies will send reps in to 'pitch a rate'. PandaPay advisors are not trained to do this. A rate is only a small part of pricing. It is misleading and that's why PandaPay provides merchants with a complete review. Once you've done a review, whether you want to do business with PandaPay or not, you will never be fooled when it comes to your rates ever again. Hope that helps.
Last edited by PandaPay on Oct 29th, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 27, 2019
5 posts
Hi SueK89924,

We completely understand the frustration with respect to your client. What most people don't understand is that funds are held as part of a fraud protection service to protect the merchant, the banks and the consumers. It's never a good thing when this happens to anyone. Unfortunately, credit card crime creates this negative environment. Funds are held until the situation has been properly investigated. It doesn't matter who the payment processor is, it happens with any of them. Having said that, we take full responsibility when these types of issues occur and work hard to support our clients through the process. PandaPay is an ISO and therefore doesn't actually hold any of the funds. We work with our Partners to resolve the issues as quickly as possible. As part of our ongoing efforts to improve our client support we have added more support staff and will continue to do so as needed. If you'd like to give us more feedback we can be reached directly at: feedback@pandapay.ca
Oct 27, 2019
5 posts
Hi IsabelsWaterdown,

We can see that your issue was not resolved in this post, but I would encourage you to reach out and send your feedback to us regardless. Our team is working on continuously improving and your feedback might help us to either help resolve your issues or prevent this type of issue from occuring to anyone else. Please email us at feedback@pandapay.ca and provide us with your Merchant ID. This will help us to look up your file and make sure it is properly reviewed.
Oct 27, 2019
5 posts
Hi Infinityandone,

We are sorry that you feel that way. Please reach out to feedback@pandapay.ca. I can assure you that you won't get a runaround. In an effort to ensure customer satisfaction this email is monitored closely by our executive team.
Oct 27, 2019
5 posts
Hi Gamechanger,

Thank you for chiming in to help people in this post. You are correct. We are an ISO and one of our main partners is Nuvei (formerly Pivotal Payments).
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2010
15196 posts
5016 upvotes
Here 'n There
Just go with Costco Elavon and forgot all these companies that don't provide acceptable customer service.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1753 posts
148 upvotes
York Region
what is the latest feedback on Panda Pay guys?

Anyone???
Feb 18, 2014
325 posts
86 upvotes
edkate wrote: what is the latest feedback on Panda Pay guys?

Anyone???
A leopard doesn't change it's spots...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)