• Feb 15th, 2021 2:05 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 21, 2009
153 posts
26 upvotes
niagara

Pantry Storage containers?

I am looking for larger pantry storage containers for flour, sugar etc. Larger size is better, I like the White Square Polypropylene Food Storage Container - 18QT etc. I can get them at Webstaurant out of the USA but shipping makes it not worth it.
3 replies
May 28, 2012
11148 posts
3280 upvotes
Saskatoon
Some suggestions to try: Russell Hendrix restaurant supply, Wholesale Club and Costco Business Centre. Nothing in Canada is going to beat the prices from Webstaurant. I bought my 22 qt Cambro containers at a local restaurant supply place years ago for under 20 (lids were extra) but they've gone up considerably since. These are great for storing rice, sugar and flour. The transparent/whitish ones are cheaper than the clear. Wholesale Club has sets of the smaller containers (2-3 per pack depending on size) and lids are included. Check online for prices and availability (use the search terms "food storage" because Cambro doesn't bring up much).

Rubbermaid also makes a line of commercial food storage containers but I find their lids are hard to snap in place. I use the largest OXO pop containers for flour and sugar in the kitchen. The Cambro containers are kept in the pantry in the basement.
May 27, 2012
209 posts
81 upvotes
Toronto
ikea has a whole lineup of small to xlarge storage ... all sorts
they also stack up on each other
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5775 posts
1092 upvotes
Toronto
I use 48 cup Komax that are available on amazon.ca. They are designed for large quantities of flour or food supply and are leakproof. I use them to store my cigars at particular humidity. Not sure if you'll like the price but worth a look.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.