$5 Off 10oz Dark Roast Whole or Pre-Ground

Deal Link:
Savings:
$5
Expiry:
April 30, 2020
Retailer:
ParachuteCoffee.com
More of an artisan type of coffee, so can't really compare it to most grocery shelf stuff. Probably the only coffee that I can stand to drink black because they roast and ship, so it's fresh. Apparently 10oz is 30 cups... I find that I go through a bag in about 1.5 weeks.... it's possible I drink equiv 3 cups a day :)

Discount code COMETOGETHERTO

Can just take the $5 off then cancel out of subscription to maximize the deal vs. paying $19 on subsequent orders.
I'm hooked on their Dark Roast but think the code applies to Medium & Limited.
Images
  • Parachute Coffee.jpg
Last edited by SocialAvoid on Apr 16th, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
32 replies
Sep 6, 2008
28 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Just a heads up, this works on their other varieties as well - not just dark roast.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
1615 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
De Mello Palheta is having 20% off https://www.hellodemello.com/
Should be similar quality/price point

I drink way too much coffee to buy those (I brew 8 cups in the morning, plus occasional afternoon), so I keep on regular shelf stuff (my go to is Lavazza Tierra Organic), but when I want to get something "fresher", I'm OK with Everyday Coffee (https://www.everydaycoffee.com/collections/shop) - which will run close to $14-19/lb compared to those $30+ like parachute. I'm not a coffee connoisseur by any means, but they look OK and most of their roasts are like 1-4 days old tops.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
2148 posts
1990 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Jon Lai wrote: Once you have a sub, you can use coupon RESTART10 to get $10 off. I've been buying from them at $8-9 a bag :)
You can use this code right away to get the dark for $9.
Feb 12, 2011
9 posts
5 upvotes
Victoria
stovetop wrote: You can use this code right away to get the dark for $9.
Thanks for this! Just ordered the medium roast. Ships April 23rd.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2067 posts
2109 upvotes
For a coffee roaster they are strangely opaque about what the coffee is, where it comes from etc. The entire website just wants to drive you subscribe. Also, 10 oz of mystery coffee for $19 (without code) is a joke. For a real roaster, visit Pilot, SocialCoffee, idrinkcoffee, Detour, Hatch etc.
Last edited by thelasthunter on Apr 16th, 2020 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 14, 2018
152 posts
149 upvotes
Vancouver
You don't even have to subscribe and cancel. This is because you can prepay for one month only.

1X MEDIUM
Pre-Ground
Pre-paid Subscription for 1 months
Monthly
No Auto-Renewal
$19.00
SHIPPING: FREE
DISCOUNT: $10.00
TOTAL: $9.00

I used the discount code RESTART10 posted above.
Oct 3, 2017
442 posts
291 upvotes
I ordered coffee from Espressotec in Vancouver after seeing a post here on RFD that free shipping had been lowered to $40.
I got their 9Bar and it is amazing.

I phoned the shop and asked about other coffees to try and they recommended Caffe D'Arte Parioli. Just ordered a 5lb bag of it.

I split my order with someone else and freeze in a chest freezer. Make sure beans are super well wrapped and airtight before freezing. I keep a smaller amount frozen in freezer of fridge and defrost what I plan on using an hour before grinding.

My 5lb bag came to $59.50 after the 15% promo for 5lb bags that is on now.
Mar 18, 2008
490 posts
148 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: For a coffee roaster they are strangely opaque about what the coffee is, where it comes from etc. The entire website just wants to drive you subscribe. Also, 10 oz of mystery coffee for $19 (without code) is a joke. For a real roaster, visit Pilot, SocialCoffee, idrinkcoffee, Detour, Hatch etc.
They include a card with all the information about the coffee, but yeah, not much is shared on the website.
Oct 3, 2017
442 posts
291 upvotes
neonic wrote: (my go to is Lavazza Tierra Organic)
Interesting how tastes vary. I have been a regular Lavazza buyer but personally their Tierra Organic is one I gave away after brewing a few cups.
Metro carries their Barista Gran Crema and the Oro which so far are my favs from Lavazza. Sometimes the 1kg bags go on sale for $5 off.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2067 posts
2109 upvotes
neonic wrote: De Mello Palheta is having 20% off https://www.hellodemello.com/
Should be similar quality/price point

I drink way too much coffee to buy those (I brew 8 cups in the morning, plus occasional afternoon), so I keep on regular shelf stuff (my go to is Lavazza Tierra Organic), but when I want to get something "fresher", I'm OK with Everyday Coffee (https://www.everydaycoffee.com/collections/shop) - which will run close to $14-19/lb compared to those $30+ like parachute. I'm not a coffee connoisseur by any means, but they look OK and most of their roasts are like 1-4 days old tops.
Everyday Coffee looks interesting and well priced. I like that they have half-pound options, lot's of single origin coffees and the $50 free ship is alright. How's the coffee quality, roast dates and shipping speeds?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
43787 posts
4432 upvotes
Richmond Hill
George613 wrote: I ordered coffee from Espressotec in Vancouver after seeing a post here on RFD that free shipping had been lowered to $40.
I got their 9Bar and it is amazing.

I phoned the shop and asked about other coffees to try and they recommended Caffe D'Arte Parioli. Just ordered a 5lb bag of it.

I split my order with someone else and freeze in a chest freezer. Make sure beans are super well wrapped and airtight before freezing. I keep a smaller amount frozen in freezer of fridge and defrost what I plan on using an hour before grinding.

My 5lb bag came to $59.50 after the 15% promo for 5lb bags that is on now.
Does freezing actually work to keep them fresh even after they're roasted?