• Last Updated:
  • Jun 4th, 2020 2:05 am
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
1642 posts
801 upvotes
Kanada
Free software in exchange of person information and email address Thinking Face
Part of the art of working in customer service, at any company, is the ability to invent plausible explanations for unexpected outcomes. An algorithm makes the decision. The agent does not necessarily know why.
Mar 18, 2007
325 posts
99 upvotes
Thanks op.

Just enter a valid email. No other info matters.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
2776 posts
2537 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks op! Might need this someday...
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1485 posts
858 upvotes
Toronto
chatbox wrote: Do we know what features are not included by this "Limited Edition"?
Not to be a party pooper but I think this version was already free in the past, they just renamed it and repackaged it to make it seem like something special. Funny enough, it seems they used the term "Limited" quite literally.

The features that were locked before, like copying partitions and/or an OS partition (to migrate to another HDD or SSD) don't seem possible with this version as far as I can tell (I don't see an option to do so). I've tried going through the manual (see Pg 81) and the option doesn't appear in the program the same way. When you look at just the regular "Hard Disk Manager" page you'll see mention of "Four Tools, One Interface" except this Anniversary LE only seems to have 2 of the 4 and I think the 2 that are included are also further limited as well.

So in other words, I think this is just a bit of a misleading ploy to make it seem like they're giving away something on promotion, when it's just the same stuff you get from EASEUS, AOMEI, etc. for free.
May 15, 2011
57 posts
54 upvotes
ssiu wrote: I have a Windows 10 desktop with a spinning hard disk. It has an open slot for an NVMe SSD. I want to buy such an NVMe SSD and make it into the C: boot partition (and for virtual memory/swap file), cloning the current C: partition of the spinning hard disk into the SSD. Would this software allow me to do it easily (minimal knowledge / minimal manual intervention required)? I don't want to have to reinstall Windows, and don't really want to have to backup/restore, just want to "clone" my C: boot partition with minimal fuss. Thanks.
if it is an older machine, make sure it supports booting from NVMe or your minimal fuss could turn out to be a headache.
Moving to a NVMe has some potential additional hurdles to overcome. (Where Sata to Sata SSD is more seamless)

Some drives like Samsung come with downloadable software tools, which are designed to do exactly that.
one example:
https://www.samsung.com/semiconductor/m ... oad/tools/
see DATA MIGRATION

I think Crucial came with their own version as well.
So I would advise to check what comes with the drive prior to buying.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12676 posts
3140 upvotes
RFD
escape1975 wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paragon_Software_Group

Yes they've been around forever, and actually invented a lot of technologies used by Windows :)

Probably better than using some Chinese company such as AOMEI, etc ...
Just because they are Chinese doesn't make them bad. Leave your politics and blind hate aside. If it works it works. I've been using AOMEI One Key for 5 years and it has never let me down in various environments.

Of course I've used Paragon too and been satisfied.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
15928 posts
2600 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote: Of course I've used Paragon too and been satisfied.
I've been using Paragon software on my MacBooks to read/write to NTFS drives for a few years and love it.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2011
1485 posts
858 upvotes
Toronto
radeonboy wrote: Just because they are Chinese doesn't make them bad. Leave your politics and blind hate aside. If it works it works. I've been using AOMEI One Key for 5 years and it has never let me down in various environments.

What I find funny about those kinds of comments is that they're often made on non-publicly traded companies, in which case you have no idea of knowing who's behind it without some sort of intimate knowledge. Just because the company is incorporated somewhere doesn't mean it's beneficial ownership or funding doesn't lead somewhere else.

It's about as logical as going off of the last name of the people running the company. In Paragon's case, the founder's last name is Kamorov, which is Russian (who knows if he is). Does that then change people's opinion?

Unless there's some actual reason / evidence of something nefarious, people are projecting some odd beliefs.
Dec 27, 2017
91 posts
82 upvotes
SnoopDop wrote: Free software in exchange of person information and email address Thinking Face

As they say "there are no free lunches" :) Anyways you don't need to give your real email. A disposable email would do the job. I frequently use this for most of my free lunches
https://www.fakenamegenerator.com/
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10036 posts
4609 upvotes
Nice thanks!
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
Dont tell wife!
[OP]
Nov 19, 2014
917 posts
1429 upvotes
GPS - error
radeonboy wrote: Just because they are Chinese doesn't make them bad. Leave your politics and blind hate aside. If it works it works. I've been using AOMEI One Key for 5 years and it has never let me down in various environments.

Communist governments are funny, they can force companies to include certain logging features in exchange for money,
or simply by allowing them to even exist on the market. We’ve seen kids toys made in China recording and translating
speech and sending data to their servers, how can you be sure forensic recovery software isn’t doing that as well ?
[OP]
Nov 19, 2014
917 posts
1429 upvotes
GPS - error
I was going to look at CHENGDU AOMEI TECH office building but realized Street View is not available there, lol.

I’ve been using Active Boot Disk by lsoft for the longest time, it’s interesting Aomei uses lsoft’s .adi backup format, hmm.