Entertainment

Paramount+ Infinite (Mark Wahlberg reincarnation SF action shifts from theatres to streaming June 10 2021)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2021 9:20 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13809 posts
5887 upvotes
Toronto

Paramount+ Infinite (Mark Wahlberg reincarnation SF action shifts from theatres to streaming June 10 2021)

Sorry no footage but if it's to debut in June to shore up Paramount+ platform expect a teaser sooner than later

"Evan McCauley (Wahlberg), a guy who is haunted daily by skills he has never learned and the memories of places he’s never visited. Self-medicated and on the brink of a mental breakdown, he is rescued by a secret group whose members call themselves “Infinites.” They reveal to him that his memories are real – but they are from multiple past lives.

The Infinites bring Evan into their extraordinary world, where a gifted few are given the ability to be reborn with their memories and knowledge accumulated over centuries. With critical secrets buried in his past, Evan must work with the Infinites to unlock the answers in his memories in a race against time to save humanity from one of their own (Chiwetel Ejiofor) who seeks to destroy it."

Some Highlander, some Assassin's Creed, some Matrix, some The Sixth Day (anyone remember that Schwarzenegger SF?) ... oy! I forgot last year's The Old Guard

https://deadline.com/2021/05/mark-wahlb ... 234750771/

UPDATE

They've pencilled in June 10 for release

https://deadline.com/2021/05/mark-wahlb ... 234750771/
11 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
42891 posts
7048 upvotes
How can we see this on Canada? Prime, Netflix? I don't want to pay for Crave or some VPN nonsense lol.

Yes I can download but can't enjoy it in 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound in my home theater.

Edit: Seems like Paramount Plus is in Canada? Therefore will this movie be made available to Canadians? Any app on the Samsung TV app store?
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2017
1191 posts
195 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
Mark Wahlberg is kind of a lousy actor and this movie looks very generic.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17652 posts
4129 upvotes
Toronto
djemzine wrote: How can we see this on Canada? Prime, Netflix? I don't want to pay for Crave or some VPN nonsense lol.

Yes I can download but can't enjoy it in 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound in my home theater.

Edit: Seems like Paramount Plus is in Canada? Therefore will this movie be made available to Canadians? Any app on the Samsung TV app store?
CBS All Access Canada was renamed Paramount Plus with nothing added.

CBS All Access USA was renamed Paramount Plus with new movies added, including future premiere releases.

It's unlikely this movie will be made available on the Canada's Paramount Plus.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2017
1196 posts
690 upvotes
Manitoba
I am disgusted by how many movies/books this film has copied.....

...nevertheless, will eat this up like a fat boy in a candy shop! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
13809 posts
5887 upvotes
Toronto
They've let loose some eye candy that still might remind you of other films YMMV

Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17652 posts
4129 upvotes
Toronto
Definitely streaming this on June 10th.