• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2022 2:48 pm
[OP]
Jul 24, 2020
2 posts
1 upvote

Parental Control platform/router to disable certain sites at certain hours

Hi everyone,

I am looking for an internet parental control solution that would enable blocking internet connection to certain sites/apps/games during certain hours of the day. For example, I want to disable access to Youtube, Roblox, GTA and etc. from 6 PM onwards during the weekdays (so the kids would study).

Do you know of any platform providing this feature?

Thank you,
Amir
3 replies
May 30, 2007
364 posts
518 upvotes
Markham
I think most routers have this kind of feature these days. I just poked into my TP-Link AX1500 and it has the feature you're probably looking for. You can do either a Blacklist (ban certain sites) or a Whitelist (allow only certain sites).
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Deal Guru
Oct 7, 2010
12961 posts
3972 upvotes
A lot of people want to do this. You can have 1 router for yourself and 1 router like a disney circle or control hub for the children.
Jun 24, 2005
701 posts
116 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Renegade_R wrote: I think most routers have this kind of feature these days. I just poked into my TP-Link AX1500 and it has the feature you're probably looking for. You can do either a Blacklist (ban certain sites) or a Whitelist (allow only certain sites).
I think OP wants to have the blacklist operational only during specific times. I think your TP link's blacklist is active 24/7.

Circle can provide time limits for certain apps and websites, but I don't think you can specify certain times of the day.

AFAIK, there is nothing out there that can do what the OP wants. I have been forever looking for something like this too. I can ban social apps, youtube, games.....but can only do so manually.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)