Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 1, 2016
21 posts
1 upvote
Thunder Bay, ON

Parka/winter jacket

Where can I buy a winter jacket or a parka in the GTA in April? Most stores removed them from display, but I need one
9 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13360 posts
2701 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
bramley wrote: Where can I buy a winter jacket or a parka in the GTA in April? Most stores removed them from display, but I need one

Winter coats/jackets/parkas are no longer just a "winter season" thing... many stores these days sell them all year round, Sporting Life being one of them. Coat manufacturers take orders in feb and release them in late aug/early september time frame for up coming new season. So best bet if you want the best sales in winter wear look for sales from mid-january on thru to early august. The 50% mark downs dont occur till end of march/april. The only problem you will have is sizing since all the popular sizes like M, L will most likely be gone. So XL, XXL, XS, S will be available. They still get stock in from past season in drips and drabs just not as much as they would during xmas season. CG sells all year round (no discounts - pathetic) but all other major brands do... for example I picked up 2 arcteryx for 50% off a week ago. What wud have cost me near $1100 at full retail price cost me less than half with tax included!
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13360 posts
2701 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Other note about SL... the online store is a separate profit entity from retail stores. Meaning the sizes, stock, inventory level in the online store is NOT representative of the retail stores. So.. just becuz an item is showing sold out in the online isnt necessarily so at the retail stores. Best thing, if an item is missing from the online store call the retail stores. I find, they most likely have it in stock. However, the retail stores will NOT price match the online store. I know... pathetic!! Becuz they run them separately as individual profit units... lame! So dont even bother to price match the online store. The managers will just say nada. However, I find the retail stores during the last weeks have been discounting sooner than the online.
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote: However, the retail stores will NOT price match the online store. I know... pathetic!! Becuz they run them separately as individual profit units... lame! So dont even bother to price match the online store. The managers will just say nada.
Thats strange, my friend who saw that Arcteryx was on sale 40% off online, went to the retail store where they told him it was 20% off only. They later gave him the 40% off deal after he checked with someone in the back and walked us to the cashier.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13628 posts
2392 upvotes
City of Vancouver
aznnorth wrote: ... for example I picked up 2 arcteryx for 50% off a week ago. What wud have cost me near $1100 at full retail price cost me less than half with tax included!
OMG, u must have as many performance coats as your mom has fur coats!!
Deal Guru
Feb 29, 2008
14792 posts
11139 upvotes
Tarrana
95thRifles wrote: Thats strange, my friend who saw that Arcteryx was on sale 40% off online, went to the retail store where they told him it was 20% off only. They later gave him the 40% off deal after he checked with someone in the back and walked us to the cashier.
I have price matched sporting life with another store. Had to jump through hoops though because it was an online retailer.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13360 posts
2701 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
95thRifles wrote: Thats strange, my friend who saw that Arcteryx was on sale 40% off online, went to the retail store where they told him it was 20% off only. They later gave him the 40% off deal after he checked with someone in the back and walked us to the cashier.
They maybe more lax now because it's april... but the first time the online store went 50% the retail side would not match... not only to me but I saw 3 other peeps get the same treatment. And that was the explanation given at that time.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13360 posts
2701 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Becks wrote: OMG, u must have as many performance coats as your mom has fur coats!!
Actually I have way more performance coats than she has fur coats, haha. :twisted:
Feb 1, 2014
802 posts
98 upvotes
Toronto
aznnorth wrote: Actually I have way more performance coats than she has fur coats, haha. :twisted:
baller