Automotive

Parking overnight in Mississauga Problem

  • Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2016 2:46 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 11, 2015
7 posts
Etobicoke, ON

Parking overnight in Mississauga Problem

I live in a building which does not have any parking for my unit; there is a street which we can park our car there, but it is usually filled quickly at nights and we need to spend lots of time to find a spot to park our car at nights if we are not early. I would like to know what is my options? I parked my car in front of our buildings ovenight and was finned $45. Is there any better solution? I live on east of Mississauga.

Thanks
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2003
5605 posts
1387 upvotes
Mississauga
You can only park for 3 hours on Mississauga streets...

You can rent a parking spot from someone in your building?
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 11, 2015
7 posts
Etobicoke, ON
Ducky wrote: You can only park for 3 hours on Mississauga streets...

You can rent a parking spot from someone in your building?

There is nothing available in our building unfortunately...
Sr. Member
Nov 20, 2014
643 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
an extremely weird building in misssissauga to not offer any of its resident parking...some downtown condos i can understand due to lack of space (rcmi condo on uni ave) but mississauga...lol
PM if you have ANY questions about zoomers wireless
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
1005 posts
187 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Does Mississauga offer parking permits for residents that live downtown? Ottawa obviously has various parking restrictions, majority of which is a maximum of 2 hours on city streets. However, the city does offer parking permits to those who live downtown.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 11, 2015
7 posts
Etobicoke, ON
samyou92 wrote: an extremely weird building in misssissauga to not offer any of its resident parking...some downtown condos i can understand due to lack of space (rcmi condo on uni ave) but mississauga...lol
They offer paring, but they are all taken. Even I have a parking spot, but we have two cars...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 12, 2007
14955 posts
4191 upvotes
London
Some side streets have 15 hr allowed parking. They will have signage for this. For example, near the Terry Fox Community Center
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 14, 2009
2051 posts
1064 upvotes
GTA
talk to other home owners. dont go through your condo. Find someone that has a parking spot but is currently not using it and offer to rent it from said home owner.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7670 posts
2555 upvotes
Mississauga
Get rid of car or buy a home with two parking spots. Far too many people owning more cars than they have spots.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2014
1189 posts
417 upvotes
Toronto
kenchau wrote: Get rid of car or buy a home with two parking spots. Far too many people owning more cars than they have spots.
I always find it funny when people tell others to get rid of their car(s). It's not that simple, especially when two people in the household need a car to get to work.

Back in the day, most households only had one vehicle and only needed one parking spot but the norm is at least two now.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
7670 posts
2555 upvotes
Mississauga
Jenuine wrote: I always find it funny when people tell others to get rid of their car(s). It's not that simple, especially when two people in the household need a car to get to work.

Back in the day, most households only had one vehicle and only needed one parking spot but the norm is at least two now.
kenchau wrote: Get rid of car or buy a home with two parking spots. Far too many people owning more cars than they have spots.
Getting rid of a car is an option - there is always an alternative (realistic or not). If you don't want to get rid of a car, then buy a home with the appropriate number of parking spots. It's that simple. But to expect to own more cars than the number of parking spots your home has, and then expect options to accommodate your extra vehicles? That is what's funny!

I should be able to buy two tickets to an event, and expect to be able to have three people in total. Yeah funny! And no chance!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)