• Jul 21st, 2015 8:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 11, 2015
6 posts
North York, ON

Parking ticket issue in Markham.

Hey guys, I got a parking ticket yesterday. I went too Allstate PKWY for some business. I parked the car right down the building which is for visitor. When I finish the business and get down to my car, I found an parking ticket. Be honest I am over time( 1 Hour visitor parking lot, I finished after 1.5hour). However the parking ticket shows `Park on Private property without consent of owner`. Do you guys have any suggestion? Thaks!!!
9 replies
Feb 24, 2004
388 posts
132 upvotes
Sounds like you were ticketed for parking without permission rather than parking longer than 1.5hrs. Your best bet is to contact the building you were in and explain the situation. Is it an official city parking ticket? If not, then they should be able to clear the ticket.

I parked at a plaza once to head over to the next plaza. Came back and got a ticket on my window. I filed for a court date and the ticket magically disappeared.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
I believe parking there (even as visitors) requires a visitor's pass. This is because a lot of Seneca students started parking at the company parking lots there to save money, so now tickets are given for vehicles without visitor's pass. At the very least you'd have to inform the reception of your license plate so their parking staff won't give you a ticket.
[OP]
May 11, 2015
6 posts
North York, ON
Thanks for your reply. In fact that‘s a official parking ticket. I want to fight it cause it doesn't say need a visitor pass.
[OP]
May 11, 2015
6 posts
North York, ON
Thx. In fact that's an official ticket. What I can do?
[OP]
May 11, 2015
6 posts
North York, ON
I didn't know that. And I visited an shared office there. No one mentioned I should have an pass.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31270 posts
17843 upvotes
Toronto
If you work for an employer and you are on business, then expense it. It may be the easiest way.
May 21, 2002
775 posts
212 upvotes
fight it if you honestly had legit business there, just ask the company you conducted business with to write a note stating the day / time you have business on and that would be sufficient for it to get thrown out. if you really tried to cheat the system then pay.....even if you were over the hour limit the ticket is not for that therefore not relevant to the case...
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2145 posts
689 upvotes
It didn't say you need a pass, but the sign also says 1 HOUR LIMIT, and you admitted you were there for 1.5 HOUR.

Translation - the owner consented to visitors parking at their lot for ONE HOUR, not more. THEREFORE, you parked there WITHOUT OWNER'S CONSENT.