Automotive

Parking Ticket @ Tim Hortons in Mississauga :(

  • Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2014 1:06 pm
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2005
671 posts
4 upvotes
Miss.

Parking Ticket @ Tim Hortons in Mississauga :(

I just got a parking ticket when I parked my car for 20 mins or so at Tim Hortons in Mississauga (Across from The BAY at Square One).

Time 10:53pm

I saw all other cars parked there as well, didn't see tickets on those??

My Infraction: Parking vehicle on private property without owners consent. Province of Ontario.

Ticket by: The Corporation of the City of Mississauga.


I always park it there sometimes for 30 mins. I don't see my fault! :( Should I fight it? Early payment = $20, set fine $25

If i fight it and lose the case, do i pay $25 + court fee?
87 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 4, 2009
1537 posts
87 upvotes
Planet X
Did you step in to get a coffee there?
If so, talk to the Tim Hortons manager there and tell him/her of your disappointment of them issuing parking tickets to paying customers.

If you parked there, but did not go in to Tim Hortons.... Pay the ticket and be glad you were not towed.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2005
671 posts
4 upvotes
Miss.
I did buy an Ice Cap and sat there to finish it. I didn't keep the receipt though :(
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 18, 2005
21097 posts
5766 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
JEDI-MASTER wrote: I did buy an Ice Cap and sat there to finish it. I didn't keep the receipt though :(
If you paid cash, you might be SOL, unless you can get their security cam video.

Credit or debit is a different story.
- casual gastronomist -
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 4, 2009
1537 posts
87 upvotes
Planet X
JEDI-MASTER wrote: I did buy an Ice Cap and sat there to finish it. I didn't keep the receipt though :(
If you payed with debit or credit card, go online to your account and get the transaction # for that payment.

If you payed cash, go in still and let the manager know that you were ticketed on their lot while you were inside their establishment.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2005
671 posts
4 upvotes
Miss.
MeiserT wrote: If you payed with debit or credit card, go online to your account and get the transaction # for that payment.

If you payed cash, go in still and let the manager know that you were ticketed on their lot while you were inside their establishment.
It was cash... $1.99 so I didn't use a card. I'll go talk to the management tmr and see what they say.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 20, 2006
7575 posts
394 upvotes
Canada
JEDI-MASTER wrote: It was cash... $1.99 so I didn't use a card. I'll go talk to the management tmr and see what they say.
That sucks.
Thats why it's good to have a MC w/ Paypass
He died for me, I live for him
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jan 27, 2006
19286 posts
2983 upvotes
Woodbridge
If that doesn't work, tell the Office where you need to pay/fight this. They will likely drop it to $10, if you are still not happy take it to court. I hope you seriously don't.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2005
671 posts
4 upvotes
Miss.
shannn wrote: That sucks.
Thats why it's good to have a MC w/ Paypass
my MC does have paypass... i thought the amount was so low that i shouldn't use it still.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2005
671 posts
4 upvotes
Miss.
bembol wrote: If that doesn't work, tell the Office where you need to pay/fight this. They will likely drop it to $10, if you are still not happy take it to court. I hope you seriously don't.
Thanks, I'll try the office thing if Tim Horton's doesn't resolve it. What are the court fees normally? At worst, I guess I'll be paying court fee + $25? I think that won't be worth the hassle.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
193 upvotes
JEDI-MASTER wrote: I just got a parking ticket when I parked my car for 20 mins or so at Tim Hortons in Mississauga (Across from The BAY at Square One).

Time 10:53pm

I saw all other cars parked there as well, didn't see tickets on those??

My Infraction: Parking vehicle on private property without owners consent. Province of Ontario.

Ticket by: The Corporation of the City of Mississauga.


I always park it there sometimes for 30 mins. I don't see my fault! :( Should I fight it? Early payment = $20, set fine $25

If i fight it and lose the case, do i pay $25 + court fee?
Why didn't you confront the store right after you see the ticket?
This may be a dumb question, are you sure that parking spot belongs to Tim Horton?
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2005
671 posts
4 upvotes
Miss.
gman wrote: Why didn't you confront the store right after you see the ticket?
This may be a dumb question, are you sure that parking spot belongs to Tim Horton?
I actually saw the ticket when I was on my way home. I didn't notice it earlier. I am not 100% the parking lot belongs to Tim Hortons but whenever the front lot is full, everyone parks it in this lot. I believe the building has offices probably on 2nd/3rd floor. The 1st floor is all Timmys.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2005
671 posts
4 upvotes
Miss.
Exact Location, if anyone else is familiar?

Tim Hortons
151 City Centre Dr
Mississauga ON, L5B 1M7
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
193 upvotes
JEDI-MASTER wrote: Exact Location, if anyone else is familiar?

Tim Hortons
151 City Centre Dr
Mississauga ON, L5B 1M7
May be you should go back in day light to check if there are signs saying those parking spots belongs to someone else.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 11, 2008
7717 posts
1184 upvotes
GTA
JEDI-MASTER wrote: Exact Location, if anyone else is familiar?

Tim Hortons
151 City Centre Dr
Mississauga ON, L5B 1M7
Very familiar with this location. Only the few spots around the front are for Tim Hortons. The others are marked as for the offices. I can't remember where the signs are, I just know I saw them once when I drove there. I only go to this location if I'm walking. It's crazy busy at a lot of times during the day and very few TH spots.
Deal Addict
May 27, 2005
2284 posts
47 upvotes
Kingston
JEDI-MASTER wrote: I did buy an Ice Cap and sat there to finish it. I didn't keep the receipt though :(
Wow...that's quite the customer treatment. I'd have thrown an all-out hissy fit with the manager in front of the entire store, and demanded he get corporate headquarters on the line.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Feb 17, 2005
671 posts
4 upvotes
Miss.
belgiangenius wrote: Wow...that's quite the customer treatment. I'd have thrown an all-out hissy fit with the manager in front of the entire store, and demanded he get corporate headquarters on the line.
I didn't speak to the manager yet. When I got home and called back Tim Horton's last night they said the manager comes in at 6am. I'll go visit it at noon today before I go to school for my final exam :(
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1358 posts
107 upvotes
The manager probably won't be able to do much for you. Ask to speak with their District Manager. The DM will have them look back at the security cameras and confirm with the till receipts that you ordered an ice cap at what time and get him/her to provide a statement that you were in fact authorized to park there. Once you show this information to the judge your ticket should be thrown out.

Of course, if the spot you parked in didn't belong to Tim's, then there's nothing they can do for you. I know some Tim's are in the first floor of office buildings and they only get a set number of spaces. If you parked in another office's parking space then they would have the right to ticket you (assuming there was signage indicating that unauthorized parking would be ticketed/towed). If that is the case, I guess you might be able to argue that the office was closed at the time you parked there (I think I read you saying it was around 11pm at night??).

JEDI-MASTER wrote: I didn't speak to the manager yet. When I got home and called back Tim Horton's last night they said the manager comes in at 6am. I'll go visit it at noon today before I go to school for my final exam :(
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 11, 2008
7717 posts
1184 upvotes
GTA
This location is a Tim Hortons with business offices above it. Note that this location is also a very busy pickup spot for the Safeway bus to Niagara Falls that stops there several times every day. They may monitor the parking lot closely since they probably have people leaving their cars there that are going on the bus.

Tim Hortons has very limited parking spaces at this location. I know it's marked that the other spaces are for the building only. It may even say you require a permit in your vehicle to park in those spots - I can't remember the exact terms on the signs, but do know that I almost parked in the "non" Time Hortons spaces until I saw the notices.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2004
1358 posts
107 upvotes
If there are signs prohibiting unauthorized parkng as sillysimms says, and you parked in one of those, then I think you're SOOL. Your only argument would be the time (11pm) the offices may be closed and you aren't taking a spot away from anyone. But donno if that would get you off though, hope you get a nice judge or jp.
sillysimms wrote: This location is a Tim Hortons with business offices above it. Note that this location is also a very busy pickup spot for the Safeway bus to Niagara Falls that stops there several times every day. They may monitor the parking lot closely since they probably have people leaving their cars there that are going on the bus.

Tim Hortons has very limited parking spaces at this location. I know it's marked that the other spaces are for the building only. It may even say you require a permit in your vehicle to park in those spots - I can't remember the exact terms on the signs, but do know that I almost parked in the "non" Time Hortons spaces until I saw the notices.

Top