• Jun 6th, 2009 8:09 pm
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
670 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto

Parquet Floor

Hey guys,

does anybody know of parquet floor restorers? i'm gonna be moving into a condo apartment and the floor has been really beat up, so just want someone to refinish/restore it for a reasonable price. let me know if you guys know of any companies

8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2009
1420 posts
201 upvotes
It probably is't cheap to get it restored and it will be messy(lots of dust) if they have to sand it down, Why not go and get some laminate flooring for a decent price, you can just lay it over top of the existing floor.
Oct 5, 2008
119 posts
23 upvotes
Higgins out of Peterborough are very good. They do cover the GTA.

http://www.higginsflooring.com/

I used them last year to refinish an oak floor after having had them referred by a few people, and they did an excellent job. The floor came up looking like new.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
670 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
ahh, looks more pricier than i expected
does anybody know how to get rid of paint on a parquet floor?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2006
1007 posts
Sanding and restaining will depend on how much square footage you have.
Look up floor refinishing in the Yellow Pages for quotes.
I'm sure a place in Peterborough is going to charge mileage and will be more expensive than someone based in the GTA.
They can also stain and leave the wood natural and put a protective finish over top that will be quicker and cost less than staining.
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
670 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
thanks guys, but does anybody know how to remove paint from parquet floor? i think this may be a better alternative for me
[OP]
Oct 10, 2008
670 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
1yellowdog wrote:
Jun 6th, 2009 1:01 am
Paint remover or sand it.
Would that not remove the parquet floor stain also tho? which would require me to re-stain the floor?
Jan 1, 2006
263 posts
20 upvotes
Richmond Hill
If you use paint remover, it will be a mystery what will be under the paint. If it's ugly or beat up underneath the paint, you'll be compelled to sand and stain it anyways.