[PartSource] Folding Tire Rack $27.93

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 25th, 2019 10:38 am
[OP]
Feb 5, 2019
110 posts
119 upvotes

[PartSource] Folding Tire Rack $27.93

Last edited by TomRFD on Sep 20th, 2019 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
20 replies
Dec 1, 2002
864 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a benefit of hanging them like this over simply leaving them on the floor of the garage against the wall?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3435 posts
192 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
trader08 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 10:09 am
Is there a benefit of hanging them like this over simply leaving them on the floor of the garage against the wall?
Basically to save floor space.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2005
2300 posts
351 upvotes
North York
Hopefully I can pick up one later as last time they had it on sale for $29.99 most stores were OOS.
[OP]
Feb 5, 2019
110 posts
119 upvotes
trader08 wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 10:09 am
To save floor space. Especially if you have a larger vehicle like a suv/truck. We have a suv and the wheels/tires are massive.

Although I would have no problem using this rack on tires/wheels for our hatchback (which we do), I ultimately decided it'd be best to leave the larger wheels for our suv on the floor. We have a toddler and I would never be able to forgive myself if something were to happen.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
2973 posts
55 upvotes
Would these fit 22"? my rears are 325 size and front is 285...not to mention its gonan be heavy af lol
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2009
1238 posts
299 upvotes
Brampton
I have the same nearly new condition for $20 pickup in Brampton, Vaughan or nearby.

Bought two but used only one.

PM if anyone is interested.
Apr 22, 2010
141 posts
74 upvotes
GTArenovate wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 10:24 am
To save floor space. Especially if you have a larger vehicle like a suv/truck. We have a suv and the wheels/tires are massive.

Although I would have no problem using this rack on tires/wheels for our hatchback (which we do), I ultimately decided it'd be best to leave the larger wheels for our suv on the floor. We have a toddler and I would never be able to forgive myself if something were to happen.
Yes, I can see how it would be hard for a toddler to get suv tires up there, good plan to stick with the smaller car tires. I find it's easier to put the big tires up myself. :) Seriously though, my kids aren't in the garage without a parent. Too many tools in my garage, they're too young. The tire racks would be the least of my concerns.

I've got a couple of these. I've got them bolted into studs very well. They're okay, but not a heavy duty rack and get weaker when fully-extended (width). It's still not wide enough for 4 large tires at the maximum width. If you've got large truck tires, splurge for something a bit more solid.

Being able to fold it up was also nice, but since I alternate winter/summer tires stacked away, it's never actually folded up.
Feb 3, 2019
18 posts
3 upvotes
dealerguy wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 11:07 am
I have the same nearly new condition for $20 pickup in Brampton, Vaughan or nearby.

Bought two but used only one.

PM if anyone is interested.
Pm'ed you
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
2311 posts
638 upvotes
shoei wrote:
Sep 20th, 2019 11:04 am
Would these fit 22"? my rears are 325 size and front is 285...not to mention its gonan be heavy af lol
No, I don’t think that they will. They’re probably too wide to for all 4 (though, they may just squeeze in), but since they’re 22” SUV wheels, I assume the tire profiles are pretty high too on those widths, so they will actually rest against the wall and the outer rod only instead of sitting on both rods- and I would not trust one of those rods at full extension to hold (probably?) 350lbs worth of wheels/tires. You will see it bow for sure.
Nov 18, 2006
507 posts
162 upvotes
On the last thread for these racks, someone suggested tire hooks instead. Princess Auto was sold out (~$15 set) so i ended up getting some from CTC ($5.43/ea). Actually like them better than tire racks - I have two sets of racks and two sets of hooks. With the hooks, the tires are flush to the wall so they don't hang out into the garage, so works nicely if you have a narrow section with a lot of available wall space.
Deal Addict
Aug 3, 2007
2973 posts
55 upvotes
CensoredByRFD wrote:
Sep 21st, 2019 10:16 am
No, I don’t think that they will. They’re probably too wide to for all 4 (though, they may just squeeze in), but since they’re 22” SUV wheels, I assume the tire profiles are pretty high too on those widths, so they will actually rest against the wall and the outer rod only instead of sitting on both rods- and I would not trust one of those rods at full extension to hold (probably?) 350lbs worth of wheels/tires. You will see it bow for sure.
good point, ill just leave them on the ground
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6153 posts
875 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
How high do you install this on the wall and how the heck do you put the tires up there since tires are heavy.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2041 posts
1046 upvotes
Vancouver
That's means I can sleep up there?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 11, 2004
9248 posts
593 upvotes
Toronto
Hang them outside at the side of the house
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."