• Jul 3rd, 2020 8:44 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2011
1071 posts
631 upvotes
Midland

Passport Canada - Idea on Reopen?

I went to the passport office March 19 and still have not heard back since they are closed. I need my passport before September?

Any one have any good guesses when it will open ?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2005
1019 posts
383 upvotes
Nobody knows at this point.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2004
5478 posts
1729 upvotes
Toronto
People need to start making a bigger deal of this - call or write your MP. People with expired passports are literally prisoners here now.
May 25, 2019
339 posts
269 upvotes
Makes no sense. The CRA can process tax returns but passport canada cannot process passports ?
Banned
Jul 17, 2008
11042 posts
3868 upvotes
Maria8534 wrote: Makes no sense. The CRA can process tax returns but passport canada cannot process passports ?
This is purely a government masterplan to have as many people don't leave the country and force them to spend their money here after trying the hardest to disincentivize people leaving abroad with the 14 day mandatory quarantine, all while tests are readily available to confirm if someone is positive or negative upon their return.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
8434 posts
5312 upvotes
Mississauga
Messerschmitt wrote: This is purely a government masterplan to have as many people don't leave the country and force them to spend their money here after trying the hardest to disincentivize people leaving abroad with the 14 day mandatory quarantine, all while tests are readily available to confirm if someone is positive or negative upon their return.
My understanding is it takes several days from first exposure to having enough of a virus load to give a positive test. So you could still be infected and initially test negative then a fews days later show signs/symptoms. In the meantime, you’ve been circulating in the community unknowingly spreading the virus around.