Patagonia Toronto - 75% off Fall/Winter

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 24th, 2011 10:36 pm
[OP]
May 5, 2004
158 posts
16 upvotes

Patagonia Toronto - 75% off Fall/Winter

I don't think the store is open tomorrow but I went today and the entire fall and winter lineup is 75% off. Lots of good fleece and some jackets. Sizing is limited (XS, XL) as the sale has been on since Friday and the pricing is extremely good for this quality of gear. I'm a small though and I was able to walk out with four things. Good luck.

500 King Street West
Toronto, Ontario
M5V 1L9
Phone (416) 861-1102
23 replies
May 11, 2007
47 posts
7 upvotes
The original prices are pretty expensive. 75% is about regular price else where
May 13, 2003
280 posts
11 upvotes
g4dragon wrote:
75% is about regular price else where

Unfortunate, uneducated response from an obvious municipal dweller…Please tell us where to find comparable gear that is 75% less at all times...
Jan 15, 2011
141 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Dirkus wrote: Unfortunate, uneducated response from an obvious municipal dweller…Please tell us where to find comparable gear that is 75% less at all times...

+1
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3100 posts
1774 upvotes
Kingston
g4dragon wrote: The original prices are pretty expensive. 75% is about regular price else where

+1, comparable gear is much better priced. Uneducated is being blinded by a brand.
Jan 15, 2011
141 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
g4dragon wrote: The original prices are pretty expensive. 75% is about regular price else where
JC69 wrote: +1, comparable gear is much better priced. Uneducated is being blinded by a brand.

It's 75% off... not 25% off

I agree Patagonia is normally a little overpriced, but 75% off is an amazing deal. Their stuff is really high quality...
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2162 posts
1086 upvotes
dang. wish i found out on thursday
May 26, 2006
249 posts
129 upvotes
Dirkus wrote: Unfortunate, uneducated response from an obvious municipal dweller…Please tell us where to find comparable gear that is 75% less at all times...

Ironic the guy in Calgary calls someone a "municipal dweller". I love it.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10084 posts
1950 upvotes
Toronto
My pantagonia down sweater was useless. Not warm at all, 800 down fill my butt

I hope the rest of their clothing is better.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8953 posts
1437 upvotes
awesome, been looking for a jacket from them. How long does this run until?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5893 posts
2264 upvotes
Toronto
rfdrfd wrote: My pantagonia down sweater was useless. Not warm at all, 800 down fill my butt

I hope the rest of their clothing is better.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't fill level a measure of density, rather than warmth? In other words, a 800 down sweater will be warmer than a 500 down sweater, but only of equal 'thickness.' That patagonia down sweater - not called a jacket, BTW - is pretty thin.
[OP]
May 5, 2004
158 posts
16 upvotes
Just a couple of notes, from my perspective.

Patagonia is an amazing brand. They lifetime guarantee all of their products so if something breaks, just take it back. Even if it's wear and tear, my experience has been that they'll fix it for free or at very little cost. Their materials and construction are of a very high level. It is expensive gear and it's not for everyone, but if you're actually using it in the mountains, it's worth the extra cash. You're paying for lightweight, durability, breathability. Other brands of comparable quality are at least as expensive (Mammut, Arc'teryx). Cloudveil is less expensive and very good but they've gone through some significant corporate reorganizations as they've been sold a few times in the past couple of years and their product line is just getting its legs again.

Secondly, good gear is mostly about layering. As someone mentioned, the down sweater is named as it is for a reason. Wear it under a shell or soft shell and it's fantastic. Take it to walk the dog and it might not be what you're looking for. With this gear, the purposes are quite specific and you should know what you're buying.

Lastly, I don't want to sound like a gear snob, and Patagonia definitely has gear that is meant for hanging out. Some of the retro fleece stuff is amazing and perfect for sitting around.

I walked out of the store with $420 worth of gear for $105 and couldn't be happier.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1821 posts
1281 upvotes
milhaus wrote: Perhaps I'm wrong, but isn't fill level a measure of density, rather than warmth? In other words, a 800 down sweater will be warmer than a 500 down sweater, but only of equal 'thickness.' That patagonia down sweater - not called a jacket, BTW - is pretty thin.

+1

It's a sweater, not a jacket or vest. If you want a jacket or vest, then buy one. Personally, I'd love a down sweater in a large size, but Patagonia at regular price is a little steep. I've gone with the primaloft jacket from MEC, but there is a modest weight penalty for that decision.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2690 posts
637 upvotes
Burlington
Yes, you are paying for a brand, but you are also paying for quality. I've used MEC, columbia, REI, northface etc. in my travels, and with Patagonia (IMHO), you get what you pay for. Great quality, a company that stands behind their product, and, on occasion (like this), great prices.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Aug 2, 2007
162 posts
30 upvotes
thanks for the info... just came back from Patagonia....wow! the jackets that I want are around $600.00 Reg. :-0 ..holy
Dec 21, 2006
222 posts
10 upvotes
will23 wrote: thanks for the info... just came back from Patagonia....wow! the jackets that I want are around $600.00 Reg. :-0 ..holy

do you recall what jackets were available?
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2009
1254 posts
155 upvotes
Do they have 'Online Discount Sales' or is-it only 'In Store Sales?' :)
Dec 12, 2009
449 posts
323 upvotes
just got back and the winter jackets are not my taste. color choice is horrible too...bright blue, neon green, bright mustard... where are the regular matt blacks and blues. the sizes are in XXL, XL and XS.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7612 posts
1555 upvotes
Toronto
will23 wrote: thanks for the info... just came back from Patagonia....wow! the jackets that I want are around $600.00 Reg. :-0 ..holy

So $150 with the 75% off? Or not on sale?