• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2020 10:08 am
[OP]
Jul 25, 2019
441 posts
191 upvotes

Patio furniture

We just moved into a new place, and are looking for some new patio furniture; really just looking for a dining set. Was eyeing Ikea, but quality looks questionable and it is sold out everywhere. Where is the best place to look for this? Looking for something that won’t break the bank, and if it only lasts a couple of years, c’est la vies
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
2444 posts
913 upvotes
Burnaby
Home depot, Lowe's, Canadian Tire, Costco, Wayfair, Hudson's Bay etc. Aluminum if you want something that lasts.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2017
2057 posts
1153 upvotes
Patio furniture lasting for years also has something to do with how you care for it. If you leave it outdoors during the winters then the chances of something going wrong with it, whatever it is that will go wrong.

The more you cover, or perhaps store it in your backyard shed increases its chances of lasting longer. I have the luxury of storing mine in the garage.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
23496 posts
19066 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
beancounter6 wrote: We just moved into a new place, and are looking for some new patio furniture; really just looking for a dining set. Was eyeing Ikea, but quality looks questionable and it is sold out everywhere. Where is the best place to look for this? Looking for something that won’t break the bank, and if it only lasts a couple of years, c’est la vies
Just about anything will last a couple of years. You can't have something where the "quality [doesn't] look questionable" AND something that "won’t break the bank" unless you find something used. And even then there will be slim pickings.

If you're realy looking for quality AND are prepared to pay for it see where-buy-better-quality-patio-furnitur ... #p32599785
Last edited by bylo on Jun 15th, 2020 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
5185 posts
4141 upvotes
Kijiji. I bought a high quality set off of there for a fraction of the price that I'm still using four years later. I think it's about 25 years old now yes dated but in mint condition.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2018
1292 posts
1302 upvotes
amplified wrote: Home depot, Lowe's, Canadian Tire, Costco, Wayfair, Hudson's Bay etc. Aluminum if you want something that lasts.
We have been waiting almost a month for our patio set from Home Depot. it says 3-9 days on the website. Our order was confirmed and we were waiting on shipping but every 4-5 days the "confirmation" keeps changing and getting pushed back. Not sure if it's an issue with our particular patio set or shipping in general. I was on hold yesterday for an hour before I gave up because I had to go. Been on hold now for 35 minutes so far