• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 10:54 pm
[OP]
Oct 15, 2009
596 posts
302 upvotes

Patio furniture

Recently moved into a new house and need two large sets of patio furniture. Looking for a u-shaped 6-8 person couch (for a rooftop) and a 6 seat table for the ground level. Would really like to buy the couch for the roof for this summer if possible but can't seem to find anything that doesn't seem like it's complete crap for under $3K.

Where are the best places to look? Are there certain things to avoid? When does patio furniture typically go on sale? There's just over a month left of summer so I would have thought that clearance would start now but it doesn't seem that way
9 replies
Dec 1, 2014
211 posts
196 upvotes
Burlington, ON
I recently got a WickerPark set and it seems good for the price. I looked at options from Costco, Lowes, Terra, etc..
Oct 2, 2018
933 posts
788 upvotes
Toronto
Tough to buy a patio set in these covid days.....been looking for a lounge set myself.
Youth is the gift of nature, while age is a work of art.
Jan 8, 2009
793 posts
451 upvotes
GTA
I highly doubt you're going to see the same kind of clearance prices and/or stock you'd normally find this year with COVID. Supply is an issue and people are still wanting to buy. You'd be better off to wait for next year unless you luck out and find a great deal. You could check out kijiji or FB buy and sell groups in your area. You'd be surprised by how many people buy before they know what they really need/want and then are looking to offload at a significant discount.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2012
1215 posts
596 upvotes
TORONTO
Walmart. We found a 5 pc set at Walmart at the end of June. And the times I've occasionally browsed the seasonal section, there were sets available.
Paid around $700 for ours. Pretty solid with metal and that plastic wicker. Came with cushions.

We're still on the hunt for a dining set to place on our deck. It's been a headache. I've been scouring Costco online and checking out other avenues. Nothing really catching our eyes.
We actually might just get those heavy duty plastic seats at costco ($60?) and look for a separate table.
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14261 posts
9027 upvotes
Markham
Like everything you can search on Kijiji/FB Marketplace. Ppl move, leave the country etc so stuff does get listed and sold. You do need to be quick and prepared to go ASAP sometimes [early bird...] so use an app or something so you get notified once something is posted.

Other than that, if there is stuff at stores, it'll be on clearance soon but selection is really hit or miss when you're buying what's left.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
6716 posts
1227 upvotes
You'll probably have to wait til fall for an end of season sale on whatever left over. But in Covid time, it may not be much or what you want. You can look at Bum Contract Furnitures. That's where we got our outdoor dinning sets.
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2008
2991 posts
662 upvotes
Ancaster
Pioneer Pools has decent quality stuff but wait until it's on sale because regular price is too costly.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
17773 posts
15232 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Patio furniture is a seasonal item
(And Summer is an extremely short season in Canada)

Best to buy patio furniture EARLY in the season … or even Spring / Late Winter
When the new lines are introduced
And stock is at its highest

After May 24th Weekend
You’ll find lots of things are SOLD OUT

By July … it’s slim pickings

Only a very small amount of stuff is ever still around come August for End of Summer Clearance
And that’s mostly junk … or odds & ends
Not full sets

Add in Covid manufacturing & distribution issues
And this year will be even worse