• Jul 14th, 2020 9:08 pm
[OP]
Dec 7, 2001
162 posts
33 upvotes
GTA

Patio Installer Recommendations

Hi there,

Our old wooden deck has lived a good life, and is pretty much now falling apart.

At a high level, our frontage is about 50ft, and the depth of our backyard from the backdoor is about 35-40 feet. Our existing decking is about 36 feet long by 12 feet deep, and about 2 feet of the ground.

There is gas line going under and across the deck. It pops up at each end of the deck (one for the BBQ), and extends past the deck to go into the kitchen for our range.

At this point we’re considering 3 options... Yes each is very different, but we’re just trying to decide direction...

1) Remove deck. Get a pool with hardscaping / stone patio.
I’ve reached out to a few groups including Elite Pool Design based on recommendations here.

2) Remove deck. Get Stone Patio.

3) Replace deck with a Trex deck, and do some minor patio build. I’ve reached out to some contractors as found on the Trex site.

I was hoping you guys could help me with a good contractor group for #2 so I can get some quotes.

Basically the ask will be:
- Remove deck
- Build a raised stone patio in place of current deck, and probably half the existing yard. They’d have to deal with the gas pipe... I assume going through a trench of some sort so it’s clean.
- Some basic lights maybe as part of patio

Really appreciate your thoughts on contractor groups. Want to do this right, so will augment my research with this feedback.

Thanks!
4 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2007
2854 posts
987 upvotes
Someone told me that Trex composite material gets super super hot, regardless of what colour you will get, even light gray...
If you know anyone with a Trex deck, you should confirm (if you plan on being barefoot on it).
Apr 5, 2017
962 posts
215 upvotes
How much does each option costs approximately, out of curiosity ?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
9732 posts
4044 upvotes
Vaughan
Option 3 sounds better.
[OP]
Dec 7, 2001
162 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
Kat wrote: ...

2) Remove deck. Get Stone Patio.

I was hoping you guys could help me with a good contractor group for #2 so I can get some quotes.

Basically the ask will be:
- Remove deck
- Build a raised stone patio in place of current deck, and probably half the existing yard. They’d have to deal with the gas pipe... I assume going through a trench of some sort so it’s clean.
- Some basic lights maybe as part of patio
I realize based on the responses that my backstory was too long, and my question hidden.

I’m looking for recommendations on good companies for this specific option. Not which option people thought was best :)

I’ve reached out to “Royal Stone” and “M.E. Contracting” for this option... Waiting to hear back.

If anyone has used a very good reputable company let me know. Looking for fit/finish/quality not lowest price for this work.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)