Paul & Sandy's Real BBQ in Etobicoke

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2014 2:27 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17827 posts
901 upvotes
great review and totally agreeable -- Beans rarely will earn my approval even when i'm trying to be nice or generous. Side salads were very black peppered but other than that, seemed mostly like mayo.

yes, it is cooked in an electric smoker which is typical, yet when i do it at home using pouches and indirect heat I get a much smokier end product as you do.... but I'd wager I'm using much stronger chips. But this involves hours of prep and careful cooking -- When I want something in this catagory and am not making it myself, P&S is one of my top favorites. I also love the pulled pork at Sweet Smoke in Oakville, but the styles are night and day difference.

I also reccomend you try the jalepeno corn bread.. I have been buying whole loaves from the people that supply them for a while now, and they're great..

Actually got restricted from CH from talking about them. Check out www.suchatreat.com , they offer free delivery within the GTA and I have yet to be disappointed. A George Brown graduate (oops if im wrong) and also a forum contributer.. i highly reccomend them.. don't even have to get my lazy ass off the couch, they can bring it right to you
Apr 15, 2009
198 posts
4 upvotes
It ends up this place is near work. I have introduced my colleges and it has turned into a weekly Friday lunch.

I have tired
Main:
Pulled pork, Great, moist and meaty
Brisket, Good, great tasting but a little fatty, could be the piece I received
Smoke Meat Loaf, Incredibly Delish, the smokey flavour seems to hide deep inside the sandwich
Ribs, Mine were dry and it was stringy, again it could be the batch

Sides:
Fries, homemade, fresh & tasty
Slaw, Good but I'm not a creamy slaw guy
Potato Salad, IMHO it's the best side, some cream cheese is involved and was a fun surprise
Corn Bread, Pretty good
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17827 posts
901 upvotes
I get their cornbread from the place that supplies it, www.suchatreat.com

the jalepeno cornbread was delicious, especially when you get a nice fresh baked loaf
Jan 29, 2010
399 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
eh97ac wrote: It ends up this place is near work. I have introduced my colleges and it has turned into a weekly Friday lunch.

I have tired
Main:
Pulled pork, Great, moist and meaty
Brisket, Good, great tasting but a little fatty, could be the piece I received
Smoke Meat Loaf, Incredibly Delish, the smokey flavour seems to hide deep inside the sandwich
Ribs, Mine were dry and it was stringy, again it could be the batch

Sides:
Fries, homemade, fresh & tasty
Slaw, Good but I'm not a creamy slaw guy
Potato Salad, IMHO it's the best side, some cream cheese is involved and was a fun surprise
Corn Bread, Pretty good

There isn't any cream cheese in his potato salad, I asked.
Apr 15, 2009
198 posts
4 upvotes
Boods wrote: There isn't any cream cheese in his potato salad, I asked.
Gonna have to ask Paul what it is then....it is not just mayo.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17827 posts
901 upvotes
tasted mostly like mayo & black pepper from what I can remember..
Penalty Box
Oct 26, 2007
897 posts
96 upvotes
Toronto
Did p&s increase their prices on everything?
Jan 29, 2010
399 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
rammingman wrote: Did p&s increase their prices on everything?
No, only a couple of things changed price.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2005
31842 posts
1335 upvotes
AudiDude wrote:
All in all, I can recommend this place to those who are either new to real BBQ, or those who know their stuff, but are hungry and do not want McD's. Paul and Sandy are a wonderful addition to the food, and if it was less tasty, people would still come for the friendly atmosphere.
Terrific spot...was there a couple of weeks ago and we had a great 30 minute chat with the owner.....great guy !

Seems that an ' undercover team ' from Toronto Life magazine was there at the same time as we were to sample the pulled pork etc.. .

They took a lot of pics of the food they'd ordered - and by all accounts, they loved their meal. :)
Feb 25, 2010
686 posts
21 upvotes
Went there a couple of weeks back for the first time. Sandy was very nice but Paul didn't say much. The pulled pork sandwich was outstanding, fries weren't bad either.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17827 posts
901 upvotes
Cool

Doesn't mention the price of a rack a-la carte though
Jan 29, 2010
399 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto
At the top of the menu page below the photos are two links, one says "Dine In Menu" and the other says "Take Out Menu". Click the take out menu one.