• Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2020 8:43 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
5099 posts
2602 upvotes

Paver price difference

Does anyone know how much of a difference the $$ and $$$ pavers/patio slabs from unilock? Over a 165-200 sq foot area?

Also which of the paver brands would you recommend? Unilock looks the best but is it worth the higher price? (I was told they are more expensive)

How does Oaks compare to Permacon?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2005
9646 posts
1104 upvotes
Squirrel99 wrote: Does anyone know how much of a difference the $$ and $$$ pavers/patio slabs from unilock? Over a 165-200 sq foot area?

Also which of the paver brands would you recommend? Unilock looks the best but is it worth the higher price? (I was told they are more expensive)

How does Oaks compare to Permacon?
To my understanding, majority of the price you paid to the interlocking stones installer is labor. And there isn't too much price difference between two compatible style and grade of stones from two different brands. Unless you are comparing decades old styled basic BWS stones to those new large 1 x 1 foot stone which is also a lot thicker.
Last edited by rdx on Jul 24th, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
5099 posts
2602 upvotes
rdx wrote: To my understanding, majority of the price you paid to the interlocking stones installer is labor. And there isn't too much price difference between two compatible style and grade of stones from two difference brands. Unless you are comparing decades old styled basic BWS stones to those new large 1 x 1 foot stone which is also a lot thicker.
Thanks, trying to figure out why one quote is ~2 thousand dollars lower than the others
Jul 22, 2020
6 posts
3 upvotes
I've been doing some research on Unilock, Techo-bloc and Best Way Stone.

From what I found, Unilock was the first in North America to offer a transferable lifetime guarantee on the structural integrity of its Paving stones, as long as the materials have been installed and maintained to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
Techo-Bloc also offers a transferable lifetime warranty on the structural integrity of all paving stones. I'm up near Barrie, our first choice was Unilock but our stone choice was back ordered. Considering Techo-bloc. Our contractor had good things to say about both. Not so much about Best Way Stone which I've heard is prone to chipping. Has anyone had either of them installed for a while? Wondering if any of this matters and is worth the price difference as BWS seems to be fairly inexpensive.

(https://www.grandriverstone.com/blog/ho ... decisions/)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)