• Oct 18th, 2019 9:57 am
[OP]
Aug 21, 2010
910 posts
350 upvotes
toronto

pay off mortgage faster

friend of mind asked , how did you pay your mortgage off so fast
- as we know the richest out there is the Banks and Amazon...
so used to order online from Amazon..so i completely stopped ordering online, and from what i did, stopped ordering online, i put that towards my mortgage which was variable and open..so mortgage just flew
now mortgage free
easy peasy..why make amazon rich and why make the banks rich with the interest
Share:
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1267 posts
695 upvotes
Oshawa
So, you stopped ordering from Amazon and paid off your mortgage? Makes complete sense to me.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2007
2415 posts
1192 upvotes
Vancouver
stop buying for 10 years
you will save bunch to buy some tesla
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2017
1328 posts
1113 upvotes
If only millenials could stop buying avocado toasts, Toronto could be 100% affordable for an average milleanial.
May 9, 2019
154 posts
248 upvotes
GTA
Thought about buying some toilet paper from Amazon this morning. Now I will not. Instead I will pay my mortgage. I'll live with the consequences. Pile Of Poo
Some say they're sick of my crap.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2004
1566 posts
449 upvotes
Mississauga
Thanks for the info Op, no more Amazon for me.
"With today's sheep mentality sometimes I feel like going to a wall and just bang my head"
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
3529 posts
1084 upvotes
Edmonton
your best bet wrote: friend of mind asked , how did you pay your mortgage off so fast
- as we know the richest out there is the Banks and Amazon...
so used to order online from Amazon..so i completely stopped ordering online, and from what i did, stopped ordering online, i put that towards my mortgage which was variable and open..so mortgage just flew
now mortgage free
easy peasy..why make amazon rich and why make the banks rich with the interest
And how long did it take you to pay it off
warming up the earth 1 gas fill-up at a time...
You only live once, get a v8
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
27311 posts
13016 upvotes
jonnyb wrote: So, you stopped ordering from Amazon and paid off your mortgage? Makes complete sense to me.
With the amount of random shit I buy on Amazon I could probably pay off my mortgate a bit early.
But how would I fill my newly paid off house with stuff?
/r/rimjob_steve
Deal Addict
May 9, 2017
1140 posts
1197 upvotes
You should write a book with this amazing financial strategy.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1193 posts
1132 upvotes
Toronto
All this time, I thought it was not shopping at Walmart. How stupid of me! Amazon, of course, it makes sense now!
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2010
3028 posts
898 upvotes
Okay Jeff.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2013
1732 posts
2225 upvotes
Red Deer, AB
ChocolatePoo wrote: Thought about buying some toilet paper from Amazon this morning. Now I will not. Instead I will pay my mortgage. I'll live with the consequences. Pile Of Poo
Hahah... add in your username and the irony is deep!
TFSA: XAW | RRSP: VEQT + VAB | Non-Reg: Dividend-paying individual stocks (tax purposes)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9868 posts
3168 upvotes
tmkf_patryk wrote: And how long did it take you to pay it off
Does it matter. Your signature says to get a V8. If you really want to pay off your mortgage faster get a Tesla and save on gas.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1696 posts
609 upvotes
Calgary
Hot deal. Bought 3.
Jan 16, 2008
331 posts
125 upvotes
Chatham
I thought the post was about some valuable hints&tips, instead just a bunch nonsense of words, blah, blah blah...
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19656 posts
2656 upvotes
Out west
bobcat99 wrote: Does it matter. Your signature says to get a V8. If you really want to pay off your mortgage faster get a Tesla and save on gas.
I have a truck with a V8, how does buying a Tesla that I have to make payments on save me money?

I have a paid off 7 year old truck. So I would pay my mortgage off faster by getting into debt and have car payments again? So I dont spend money on gas, but instead a monthly payment that costs me interest

Please explain
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9868 posts
3168 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote: I have a truck with a V8, how does buying a Tesla that I have to make payments on save me money?

I have a paid off 7 year old truck. So I would pay my mortgage off faster by getting into debt and have car payments again? So I dont spend money on gas, but instead a monthly payment that costs me interest

Please explain
Who said anything to you. Anyway this whole thread is full of sarcastic comments, sorry you missed it.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19656 posts
2656 upvotes
Out west
bobcat99 wrote: Who said anything to you. Anyway this whole thread is full of sarcastic comments, sorry you missed it.
You didn't, but its a public forum, and wondering about the logic of getting rid of a paid off truck to own a tesla to "save money"
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
9868 posts
3168 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote: You didn't, but its a public forum, and wondering about the logic of getting rid of a paid off truck to own a tesla to "save money"
The other poster's signature said "You only live once, get a v8" which doesn't mean I have a 7 year old paid off V8 truck.

It means "get a V8" truck to which I jokingly replied it would be better "to get a Tesla", that is save that money on gas and pay off your mortgage faster.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
19656 posts
2656 upvotes
Out west
bobcat99 wrote: The other poster's signature said "You only live once, get a v8" which doesn't mean I have a 7 year old paid off V8 truck.

It means "get a V8" truck to which I jokingly replied it would be better "to get a Tesla", that is save that money on gas and pay off your mortgage faster.
k